EcoSmart Live Comprehensive Update (BETA)

How do I add a new Vortech to my reeflink? I tried add devices VIA wireless but it's not finding the new MP10. I've tried a few times.

How do I add a new Vortech to my reeflink? I tried add devices VIA wireless but it's not finding the new MP10. I've tried a few times.

To start, you must be using a ReefLink. If you are, after finding devices wirelessly, you should see a Missing Devices link on the left. Click that then click the Add Legacy VorTech button. That will take you through updating and importing your pump.

I am back testing the beta program

I turn on the reeflink and get automatic software upgrade. It seems working now. I create an aquarium profile, drag and drop the reeflink icon to the "box".

(1) There is a bug that when I save the aquarium layout, the site refreshes and goes to "searching devices" mode and times out because it can't find Radion (I don't have Radion). I guess you test the site with Radion installed. Try to reproduce it by dismantling the Radion.
(2) A bug that when I click Aquarium Layout, it does not go to the Aquarium Layout. Also when I click Vortech, it does not go to Vortech.
(3) A bug that says You are currently offline... once you get connected you must program your light... Not sure why. I just logout and login and get that message. Then the next message is "searching devices", timeout, can't find Radion. This is bug is persistent and annoying.

I already create the Vortech schedule but now I can't go to the schedule anymore. Every time I login to the site, I get bug #3. Running IE private mode does not help.

Let's try to get to the bottom of this issue. So do you have VorTechs in your profile already? The new aquarium wizard is more tailored to starting with Radions and then adding VorTechs after the fact. I could also take a look at your profile on the backend to see if something is wrong. I just need to know your login email. You could private message me that if you like.

To start, you must be using a ReefLink. If you are, after finding devices wirelessly, you should see a Missing Devices link on the left. Click that then click the Add Legacy VorTech button. That will take you through updating and importing your pump.

Thank you for the help. I had to add a legacy device in order to get it recognized. That doesn't seem intuitive but it worked.

TardFarmer,

I had the same type of issues with my vortechs getting connected. In order to slove the problem i did this recipe:
1) Log out of ESL
2) turn off the reeflink by removing the power
3) turn on the reeflink
4) turn off all radions and all vortechs and remove from power
5) sign into ecosmart live
6) take one vortech individually power it on and then do a reset on the vortech ( hold mode and set after it turned on until flashing red white and blue then hold mode till red and purple, then hold set and the vortech will reset)
7) do this for all your vortechs, then remove the power from all of them again with the radions still off
8) now do the update firmware again per each individual vortech and after each one is complete and ESL prompts you do upgrade another vortech say no.
9) Then go to add devices via wireless, add the vortech you just updated ( so the power must stay on after the firmware update) rename the pump so you know hwich one is which.
10) repeat steps 8) and 9) for each for vortech making sure to turn them off after you place them in your ESL aquarium
11) It is a long process, but this is how i got it to work
Let me know if you have any questions and i can try to help you. I was successful using these steps

Ryan

Tried all these steps but every time i head over to ESL for the Firmware update and follow the instructions to hold down Set and Mode the damn thing always blinks red white and blue instead of just red and white....then when i hit NEXT on ESL it then says hold SET till it flashes Green and Blue...then only way i can get it to greek and blue is by hitting Mode...when i hold down SET it does NOTHING.

Not for nothing im seriously disgusted with this...im just trying to control one lousy pump and ive wasted 3 hrs on this damn thing. Right now i think this is one big waste of time and money.

If anyone has any more tips please post it here...im ready to just unplug this thing and smash it against my wall thats how frustrated i am with it.

Thanks again guys

Last edited:
Tried all these steps but every time i head over to ESL for the Firmware update and follow the instructions to hold down Set and Mode the damn thing always blinks red white and blue instead of just red and white....then when i hit NEXT on ESL it then says hold SET till it flashes Green and Blue...then only way i can get it to greek and blue is by hitting Mode...when i hold down SET it does NOTHING.

Not for nothing im seriously disgusted with this...im just trying to control one lousy pump and ive wasted 3 hrs on this damn thing. Right now i think this is one big waste of time and money.

If anyone has any more tips please post it here...im ready to just unplug this thing and smash it against my wall thats how frustrated i am with it.

Thanks again guys

If you have a iPhone 4 or higher or iPad, try updating you firmware on your Vortech pumps with those smart devices first. If your Vortech pumps work with those two smart devices, then you can try to use the ESL website.

It's like going through the backdoor to get you up and running.

If you don't have any of those devices, I'm sure one of your friends must have one that you can use for a evening.

Hang in there, I know the frustration level and the ESL program is still a work in progress and it's not perfect, but very close.

My ESL hung up this afternoon, to were I had to perform a power cycle on my Reeflink controller. Once I performed that little task, I was up and running again and both my MP 40's were at there assigned schedule and flow pattern.

Randy

Thanks again guys

DrugMonkey you may be holding set and mode too long. I have seen the red, white and blue blinking lights as well but I unplugged the controller and started over. I made sure that I released the set and mode buttons as soon as I saw red and white. Quickly releasing the buttons may help so that you can move on the the next steps.

DrugMonkey you may be holding set and mode too long. I have seen the red, white and blue blinking lights as well but I unplugged the controller and started over. I made sure that I released the set and mode buttons as soon as I saw red and white. Quickly releasing the buttons may help so that you can move on the the next steps.

I finally figured out what was wrong(after 10 hours ).....The unit i have isnt a WIRELESS unit but Dr Foster and Smith sells the MP10ES along with the reeflink so this confused the hell out of me and kinda ****ed me off too. How do you package a non wireless device that doesnt work with a damn Reeflink.. I wasted a whole day pressing buttons and searching on forums for answers then i finally watched a video where the guy says..this will only work with a wireless unit....once i heard that my blood pressure rose..LOL i knew right away this had to be the problem.

Anyway...i ordered the damn conversion kit to turn this into a wireless unit. What a disaster of a day for me..lol

Im hoping after i convert it the process will be much easier.

Thanks for you help guys..ill post when i get converter in

Let's try to get to the bottom of this issue. So do you have VorTechs in your profile already? The new aquarium wizard is more tailored to starting with Radions and then adding VorTechs after the fact. I could also take a look at your profile on the backend to see if something is wrong. I just need to know your login email. You could private message me that if you like.

On Sunday 7/13/2014 I logged in again and I was able to see the daily schedule. See screenshot: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/album.php?albumid=9050&pictureid=64130

On Saturday 7/12/2014 I was able to see that schedule and played with it but for some reason, the site went awry and I saw the "can't find radion" message all the time. I restarted my browser and re-logged in hoping to be able to see the schedule again, but it did not work. I waited until the next day, and it worked. Not sure why. Maybe your site has some kind of timestamp or session on the server side.

Questions:
1. Why is the "w" blinking?
2. Is it true that the daily schedule is saved in the memory of Vortech, not Reeflink? Does it also mean that Vortech can now remember the current time. Will turning it off cause Vortech to forget everything?
4. Can I have multiple schedules? let say schedule A and B so that I can switch A and B whenever I want it.
5. I am having problems with "saved presets" drop down on the left. What is that for? The drop down has no selection.
6. What is Reset Schedule?

Thanks

I don't see the participate in beta option under settings at all. Just has my information and on bottom says MANAGE DEVICES. That's it.

New account setup for Pre-owned Radion

New account setup for Pre-owned Radion

Can I register a new ecotech live account if purchased a pre-owned Radion from the market?

Back