End of Dr Foster Smith and Live Aquaria?

botp2k1

I know Petco bought them out. I had just read about the closing of Foster and Smith in Wisconsin. Right now, F&S website redirects to Petco and the selection and variety is pretty much all gone.

Anyone think LA is next to be gone within a year or two?

Thanks for that, I never ventured much outside of live stock on LA. At least LA still have all the dry stuff!

My issue is with divers den updates and when I click on fish I get the first page but when I try to go to page 2 it tells me the the site is temporarily down?

My issue is with divers den updates and when I click on fish I get the first page but when I try to go to page 2 it tells me the the site is temporarily down?

I was looking at divers den yesterday with no problens

LA was down most of the day for me yesterday. I could view the fish selection, but if I chose a fish to look at the details, I would get an error that the site was down for maintenance.

I have been very un happy with LA recently. After several deaths in three orders I expressed my disappointment and I was told “fish weren’t meant to fly”. So why are they in the overnight shipping business?

I have been very un happy with LA recently. After several deaths in three orders I expressed my disappointment and I was told "œfish weren't meant to fly". So why are they in the overnight shipping business?

Shipping this winter has been brutal.

I agree and this goes for any winter. Don't buy fish and corals over the winter no matter the on line store. More often than not it's going to end in disappointment.

People either forget or don't realize that the shipping companies send to hubs so while it might be nice where they are coming from and where they are going the box can still sit on a tarmac all night in the snow. It's very hard to pack for that. I know many vendors who pulled all DOA policies if the customer insisted on shipping during holidays or when the weather was exceptionally bad. Only way I'd do it is if the shipper dropped off at an airline freight service for a direct flight that I then pickup at the airport freight service locally. But even then, if it's cold, it's still questionable.

My QTs are dry. It's a good time for a hard reset.

Yes, live aquaria has been transferring slowly all the dry goods/ frozen foods and equipment. Also live aquaria is a sister company to Petco but soon enough all dr fosters and Smith will be on L.A

They announced at the beginning of the year that they're closing down the DF&S in Rhinelander except for the Live Aquaria part of it. IIRC the deadline for DF&S was early March so I'm sure it's a bit of a mess up there right now.

Back