frag meeting on the 11th?

MattD004

Are we still having that meeting on the 11th? I was looking forward to it, but haven't heard anything about it. It would be nice to have a trade/sell thread going so we can see if there are corals out there to trade.
Matt

Up for grabs...

(2) Xenia - trades if you can... or free ;)

(1) Medium Golden Crown Leather (approx 4" tall x 2" crown) - taking trade & cash offers

(1) Large Golden Crown Leather (4" tall x 4" crown) - taking trade & cash offers

(3) Neon GSPs - if I can get them, must peal off rock. - trades

possibly more to come

Chis,

Have you heard of this thing called AWOL? I hear the punishment is not that bad! NO I did not mean that sorry, at least you will be free for the Tucson meeting.

Ed

Okay, I've got some captive bred snails, that will reproduce prolificly as long as they are not preyed upon.

The first is Stomatella varia. These guys are cool, they look like slugs or bubble shells, but they are of closer relations to Astrea and Turbo spp. I see them spawn almost nightly, which not only produces a replenishing population of grazers, but is also a good source of small particulate food. They graze from lights down to lights up. Their dexterity and light physique allows them to climb anything in search of food, even feather Caulerpa algae.

The second is a Collonista sp. snail. They resemble Turbo spp. snails, except in super minature. The largest I have seen this species grow is 3/16". They love algae, and reproduce readily (I don't know method of reproduction). I don't think I could provide enough to make a difference in the algae balance of all but the smallest nano, but they make an interesting addition. They are so small that a fairly turbulent surface could be necessary, as they can and do float on currents and get "glued" to surface tension.

Looking for all types of offers, but would like to know before the meeting if there is interest, as they are not fun to catch. If you want Stomatella, please tell me what size (1/8" - 2") you would like.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6896238#post6896238 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by grenaria
Okay, I've got some captive bred snails, that will reproduce prolificly as long as they are not preyed upon.

The first is Stomatella varia. These guys are cool, they look like slugs or bubble shells, but they are of closer relations to Astrea and Turbo spp. I see them spawn almost nightly, which not only produces a replenishing population of grazers, but is also a good source of small particulate food. They graze from lights down to lights up. Their dexterity and light physique allows them to climb anything in search of food, even feather Caulerpa algae.

The second is a Collonista sp. snail. They resemble Turbo spp. snails, except in super minature. The largest I have seen this species grow is 3/16". They love algae, and reproduce readily (I don't know method of reproduction). I don't think I could provide enough to make a difference in the algae balance of all but the smallest nano, but they make an interesting addition. They are so small that a fairly turbulent surface could be necessary, as they can and do float on currents and get "glued" to surface tension.

Looking for all types of offers, but would like to know before the meeting if there is interest, as they are not fun to catch. If you want Stomatella, please tell me what size (1/8" - 2") you would like.

I'd love to get some of both...

I guess I will add some things that I have. Pretty much the same as always.

blue-tip stag 1" - 1.5' $5
green mille 1" - 1.5" $10 (grows like a table)
tricolor (not nana) 1" $10 (grows like a table)
purple humulis 1" - 1.5" $15
green humulis 1" - 1.5" $15
pink pocillipora 1"+ $15 (multi branches)
ORA blue stag 1" $15 (very nice coral)
blue acro 1" $20 (my favorite)
blue slimer 1" $20
green with yellow digi 1"+ $20 (accidental frag
3 branches)

yellow with purple polyp monti - 1 square inch - $15

purple tip tenuis 1"+ $10 (3-4 branches) (very pretty)
purple tip tenuis 1.5"+ $20 (5-6 branches) (nice size)

These corals are also for trade.

:)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6897814#post6897814 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rljlll
could you post some pics?

I will try but my camera does not take good pictures.

I rather trade if possible but here goes..........

miyagi tort
light purple body, dark purple coralites and awesome blue polyps
3/4-1" $20

2 Green Milli's ~ 1" $15 each

2 blue tipped stag~1.5" $10 each

2 peach with blue tips milli 1.5" $15

1 sky blue milli fastest growing milli I have seen
1" colorful frag $20

Unknown blue with blue polyps acro
its a nice shade of blue, grows slowly though
3/4" $15

2 multi branching nepthalia frags ~1.5 $10 each

1 neon pink milli $20

I multi branching mounted, already encrusting on the plug
red table, pink under high light $20

1 multi branching green table $20

Hi Everyone,

I plan on being at the meeting Saturday

If you would like to see a list of available corals, please PM me.

Thanks!
Frank

Here is what I am bringing; if anyone wants 10 or more PM me and I will work out a deal for ya. A lot of these are going to be mounted and encrusted to the plug but some will be fresh cut Saturday morning. Nikki, I still have not decided to bring the X-mass tree.

Ed

Acropora Tortuosa ORA = $40.00

Tort.jpg

Acropora sp. Peach w/white polyps = $20.00

Peach%20Acro.jpg

Stylophora sp Yellow with green polyps = $10.00

Yellow%20Stylo.jpg

Acropora sp. (Formosa??)Blue Tip = $20.00

Blue%20Tip.jpg

Acropora Hyacitnhus grayish/lavender = $20.00 Large frags!

Hyachinthus.jpg

Acropora Nana Green w/purple tips) = $20.00

Purple%20Tip%20Nana.jpg

Acropora Nana Tri-color w/lime green polyps = $20.00

Tri%20Color.jpg

Back