Fragging a Leather toadstool

ClownFish0322

Hi
I have a leather toadstool I wanted to turn into four new ones plus the old one.

My understanding is you just have to cut off the top then cut the top into quarters a new top will grow on the old stem and you secure the tops with rubber bands and the will grow new stems I would like a few people to verify or correct this before I try.

The toadstool has a radius of 2 inches.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZJUL9hzuAWo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My experience with rubber bands is they are either too tight and cut the piece in half or too loose and the piece floats away. I have found it is best to stick the pieces in a Tupperware bowl with rubble on the bottom and the pieces will attach themselves to a piece of rubble. You can then glue the rubble to whatever you want.

You can cut it up however you want, each piece will grow, IME.

I'd also wear eye protection, they can squirt you when you cut them.

The video Fat-tony provided is great!

Where are the bannings for a. fish related content within the lounge and b. actually being helpful, especially with the first reply, in the lounge?

ETA - Looks like this was moved to the correct forum

i use a straight brand new razor blade and slice the stalk under the main head in one cut and let it heal then place it on the rock i want it to attach to the rock it may take up to a month but it will look like a honeycomb the first week and weeks to follow you will see the new polyps start to grow out of the honeycomb holes and create a new head in about 3 months but when you cut make sure you have a decent skimmer being it is a leather and has some stench and slime with it

Back