Fusion 10 build - Species only

Well the golds are collectables and basically just 90 proof specials. You want good try the Sinatra or new Barrel Proofs that can run up to 140 proof. Pure gasoline :beer:

I'm new to the craft, just starting with a Nuvo 10, and not sure if I will stick with it so I was looking at the less expensive Finnex Fugeray Marine+.

The specs I found:
PAR Data(Source) PAR vs. Distance from source
12" fixture: 62 PAR @ 6", 25 PAR @ 12", 13 PAR @ 18"

The website says:
46 x Actinic Blue Moonlights
24 x 10,000K Daylight
8.9 Total Watts (which may not matter as much because it's LED)

Do you think it will work?

Thanks

From the Philadephia area, not trollish at all... just a newbie. I've posted around and the feedback that I'm getting is to go for the Coral Compulsion 14w Par30 LED 18k.

From the Philadephia area, not trollish at all... just a newbie. I've posted around and the feedback that I'm getting is to go for the Coral Compulsion 14w Par30 LED 18k.

Tweaked likes to pride himself in trying to pick out trolls like a truffle pig finding gems in the ground...

So reviewing the specs that you posted for that light..62 par is really low.

I would look into something different, something similar to Tweaked's AI Prime would be a better option

Thanks Bfish, so I'm just learning about the light parameters that should be measured, and there's a difference between PAR and PUR, and then the wattage... I'm surprised there isn't an online calculator for the size tank you have and then it outputting the necessary PAR/PUR/Wattage/coverage angle/Kelvin/Lumens....

So the Fugeray says it's 62 par at 6", and the Coral Compulsion just says 30 PAR.... But 30 PAR at what distance? Which is stronger?

Thanks Bfish, so I'm just learning about the light parameters that should be measured, and there's a difference between PAR and PUR, and then the wattage... I'm surprised there isn't an online calculator for the size tank you have and then it outputting the necessary PAR/PUR/Wattage/coverage angle....

So the Fugeray says it's 62 par at 6", and the Coral Compulsion just says 30 PAR.... But 30 PAR at what distance? Which is stronger?

In an effort not to muck up Tweaked's thread, start a discussion in the equipment forum where we can better focus on your question. I'd like to try and not derail the current thread. PM me the link to the thread and we can discuss if you'd like

Back