Georgia aquarium

Joe0813

Me and the wife are planning on flying out of Boston in January or March and we are just wondering if it was worth the flight and a two night hotel stay? Also what else is around the aquarium that we could do for the weekend? Military museums are a plus since I leave in May for basic training

I saw it about a decade ago while in Atlanta for unrelated events. Is it worth a special trip? Maybe? It is impressive, but there wasn't much else around there although that may have changed.

I think its worth it, we drove from Ohio to Atlanta over the summer just for this. We did other things when there but that was the reason we went down there.

There is World of Coke which is interesting and Center for Civil and Human Rights all within the same block.
Look at CityPASS for discount tickets.

The weekend is going to be busy, a weekday would be better.

I can’t speak to what else there is to do nearby, it to me the Atlanta Aquarium is worthy a place on anyone’s bucket list, it’s simply amazing! If you do decide to go be sure to spend the extra money to get the back of house tour, it is well worth the cost.

I can easily spend all day at the aquarium especially with a backstage adventure. World of coke is right nearby, as is shopping and eating in the downtown area. Good choice for a weekend trip.

Stone Mountain! Coca Cola factory is next door to the aquarium. Once you see the aquarium you won't want to leave. I may know someone who has fought children for position at feeding tome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquarium is worth it. If you have time, the Infantry Museum at Fort Benning is awesome. It's 1.5 hours south of Atlanta...check out the reviews. Where are you going to basic?

The wife and I love the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. We like ALL kinds of fish, and their facility is top notch. There's a bunch of good restaurants nearby, Imax. museum, horse coach rides, clean city with no crime problems. We LOVE Chattanooga.

There's a lot around the Aquarium, Civil Rights Museum, World of Coke, The Olympic Park, The Sky Wheel, College Football Hall of Fame, Mercedes Benz stadium, tons of places to eat. The zoo is about a 10-15minute drive. I'm about 30minutes north of Atlanta, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. If you're here in March check out an Atlanta United MLS game. Totally worth it even if you're not into soccer.

Probably going to go in January.. how is the weather around the end of January? March I think we will do another weekend type get away for a last small vacation before I leave

January is hit or miss much like the rest of winter here. Could have snow, could be in the 70's. If you're staying around the aquarium it should be fine since you can access MARTA a good bit to other parts of the city and walk to most the main attractions.

Joe...I spent some time at Benning, currently at Bragg. If you have any Army questions let me know. Enjoy your last bit of fredom and time with the wife for a while.

Joe...I spent some time at Benning, currently at Bragg. If you have any Army questions let me know. Enjoy your last bit of fredom and time with the wife for a while.

14 weeks of basic then airborne and air assault and ranger school. After that hopefully RASP.

How did you like benning?

Back