Ghellin's 180 build.

Looking great! Will love to come see it.

Are you going to put any kind of coating on the inside of the façade to protect against water from the sump/fuge?

Looking great! Will love to come see it.

Once I get it up and done I would love to have you come by!

Are you going to put any kind of coating on the inside of the façade to protect against water from the sump/fuge?

I will use Kiltz just like in the canopy above.

besides staining the stand,
what are the the next steps?

inquiring minds and all.....

Next will be Cabinet doors. I am going to order them rather than build them as the price is very close to what I would spend and the time saved will be significant.

Hopefully, I will be able to add corals starting this week.

Once corals have been moved over I will be able to move my apex over to the 180 and set up the BRS dosers I have. I have been dosing the 58 manually for the last few months and I need a break lol.

After all that I should finally be able to start the sit back and watch phase after 8 months!

Facade has been stained and poly coat applied to the front. The inside is rocking 3 coats of kiltz and is now curing for a week or two.

And now I would like to present......

Dawn on a new reef!

Stand facade is done and on the tank! Now to paint the room and make ready for our first child in about 2 weeks

Ahh...cool. Nice and tidy.

Been meaning to ask, where'd you get your supplies for you mesh screen? I need to get mine built, so I can get some wrasses.

Thanks! I used the Minwax prestain and then 3 coats of their red mahogany. I then followed with 3 coats of poly. The inside of the stand and canopy are painted with 3 coats of Kiltz White paint.

Back