Giesemann Lighting Club.

really and this is coming from a giesemann thread... what makes you say the powermodule over the aurora?

If you were going to say spectra vs powermodule, I would of gave it to spectra. Halide is still king in my book. And to have a a possibility to have an 8 t5 vs a 4 t5 fixture coupled with leds (powermodule vs aurora) the powermodule will have more spread, even coverage, ATI has proved to be the best T5 manufacturer in the hobby, and the cost to buy it is cheaper I believe. LASTLY why would you ask a question like that about a competitor on a giesemann thread unless you were prepared for both answers. Did you ask on here to be told aurora? That's what it looks like, if so that's kind of a time waister, you should just buy what you want

Last edited:
Giesemann Infinity and Spectra both come in a 60 model.

Zack you have incurred and unofficial 1 day infraction:debi:

Why ask a question.... If not prepared for both answers. Why be surprised by an answer he didn't expect to come out, it's like he wanted the answer to be aurora so he asked here.. He can go persuade himself no? That's like saying that sharks are not safe but you prove it by cutting your hand before putting it in the water. The poster should of made a separate poll thread and asked his question.

If you were going to say spectra vs powermodule, I would of gave it to spectra. Halide is still king in my book. And to have a a possibility to have an 8 t5 vs a 4 t5 fixture coupled with leds (powermodule vs aurora) the powermodule will have more spread, even coverage, ATI has proved to be the best T5 manufacturer in the hobby, and the cost to buy it is cheaper I believe. LASTLY why would you ask a question like that about a competitor on a giesemann thread unless you were prepared for both answers. Did you ask on here to be told aurora? That's what it looks like, if so that's kind of a time waister, you should just buy what you want

i wanted both answers thats why i asked you what made you pick the powermodule over the aurora. i also posted this in the ATI thread too. And im on the fence about the spectras, i really dont want a ton of cords behind my tank, the heat of a MH, the extra electric bill and ive never ran MH so i dont know much about them at all

not prepared

not prepared

Why ask a question.... If not prepared for both answers. Why be surprised by an answer he didn't expect to come out, it's like he wanted the answer to be aurora so he asked here.. He can go persuade himself no? That's like saying that sharks are not safe but you prove it by cutting your hand before putting it in the water. The poster should of made a separate poll thread and asked his question.

Just joking, I am sorry that I offended you.

if i go the spectra route they only come in a 72 inch fixture... my canopy is only 73 inches, would that be an issue for heat and air flow on the light?

^^^^When I had a canopy with dual 175 I had put in three fans all blowing out, so you will probably need 4 fans.

i was thinkin install two of the ice cap fans on the canopy itself and then put one or two of those clip on fans on the other end pushing the air towards the ice cap fans

Just picked up a 24" Spectra on eBay for a killer price. Now the decision for the ballast - I was thinking Lumatek to run a Radium 250w on the HQI setting. I've also seen recommendations for the LuxCore ballast, but I just can't see how that would be better than Lumatek?

Anyone have experience with both?

I use the Luxcore on my 24" spectra - running the 250 setting now but I like that I can go up to 400. No issues, works fine.

ballast

ballast

Just picked up a 24" Spectra on eBay for a killer price. Now the decision for the ballast - I was thinking Lumatek to run a Radium 250w on the HQI setting. I've also seen recommendations for the LuxCore ballast, but I just can't see how that would be better than Lumatek?

Anyone have experience with both?

If you are ever south I have an extra Hamilton M80250 ballast.

noise?

noise?

Oh nice - how's the noise/heat from the Hamilton? I know they tout their ballasts were made specifically for the Radium bulb. Is this a 250w or 400w?

They groan like a old man when they start, but I do not really hear them much once they are up and running. I have the 250 M80 ballast, the correct ones. You cannot use the 400 watt models anymore the new 400 watt bulbs cannot handle the punch when they start. You need a modern controller to use them, I have a very old controller but if the elec. goes out they will not start for 15 minutes so a cheap light times is out of the question.

Just got my spectra and did the burn in period for the lights. It definitely heated my garage up a decent amount. Does anyone know how many amps a 72 inch fixture pulls?

Back