Giesemann Lighting Club.

Can I get away with a single 400w radium 24" spectra on a 36x30x18 tank or should I go with 2?

Or 1 spectra and 2 xr15 on the end of the fixture

I use a single 24" Spectra with a 400w Radium and it easily covers my 36x36x16" (100g) tank.

Ok guys my light has finally arrived from coralvalve and the light is just amazing
The light is the iridium powder coated 4 bulb 2 250w or 400w

I have a few questions

1.why does it say max 250w it was advertised as 250/400w is this how it’s labeled all the time?

2. How the hell do I hook this up to the luxcore ballast

And now time for pics

Ok guys my light has finally arrived from coralvalve and the light is just amazing
The light is the iridium powder coated 4 bulb 2 250w or 400w

I have a few questions

1.why does it say max 250w it was advertised as 250/400w is this how it's labeled all the time?

2. How the hell do I hook this up to the luxcore ballast

And now time for pics

Congrats on the lght!
Here are the instructions:

MH: Connect Blue wire from fixture to Black wire from ballast plug.
MH: Connect Brown wire from fixture to White wire from ballast plug.
MH: Connect Green/Yellow wire from fixture to Green wire from ballast plug.
T5s: Connect Grey wire from fixture to White wire from 16 gauge power cord (sold separately).
T5s: Connect Black wire from fixture to black wire from 16 gauge power cord (sold separately).
T5s: Connect Green/Yellow wire from fixture to Green wire from 16 gauge power cord (sold separately).

ooooh, they make 36" Spectras now??? Is this a very recent addition to their lineup?
Man, this makes me want to sell my 8x39W T5/2x145W LED -hybrid!

I don't believe this is new it's there "œiridium" model which is powder coated instead of the regular smooth finish on the normal spectra.

If you look them up on eBay coralvueoutlet they have them for $950 with bestnoffer accepted I got mine for an amazing price

The iridium is the finish we get here in the US. Some importers get the silver and white which is common in Europe, but we only have the first option which is the one I have and is not as elegant as the European versions.

As far as length, I'm sure you can import a 36 inch. BRS doesn't carry that size.

The iridium is the finish we get here in the US. Some importers get the silver and white which is common in Europe, but we only have the first option which is the one I have and is not as elegant as the European versions.

As far as length, I'm sure you can import a 36 inch. BRS doesn't carry that size.

Coralvue has them on eBay there located in us which is where I purchased mine

Coralvue has them on eBay there located in us which is where I purchased mine

I ordered my 24" unit recently from CoralVue as well. I received a silver unit, but was hoping for the polished metal looking one that I saw in the photos. Was curious if this actually existed?

I've searched high and low and have only seem to have found three color options: black and gray/silver (which I received) and the newer white color which appears to be special order.

-Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monster

monster

That 36 with two halides has got to be a monster. par and heat wise both. These have no active cooling. that would fry the T5's IMO.

Hi all,

bought a Giesemann Infiniti 48'' 2x 250w 4x 54w T5. Weird ballast configuration... only 2 chords are going out of the fixture. One is a normal ballast connection for MH and a chord for T5s and the other ballast is for one side T5s and 1 MH (white thin plastic plug). If I eventually need to change that ballast, what do i buy instead of the Giesemann ballast. Didn't find anything after many searchs... Help would be appreciated! :)

That 36 with two halides has got to be a monster. par and heat wise both. These have no active cooling. that would fry the T5's IMO.

Does the 36" really come with two halides? I'd be surprised, that one pictured almost looks like it was modified.

-Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giesemann Lighting Club.

Hi all,

bought a Giesemann Infiniti 48'' 2x 250w 4x 54w T5. Weird ballast configuration... only 2 chords are going out of the fixture. One is a normal ballast connection for MH and a chord for T5s and the other ballast is for one side T5s and 1 MH (white thin plastic plug). If I eventually need to change that ballast, what do i buy instead of the Giesemann ballast. Didn't find anything after many searchs... Help would be appreciated! :)

I've heard of people using the ATI T5 ballast in the Spectra, but my concern would be that the ATI ballast was meant to overdrive the bulbs (at least what I remember) and there is no active cooling.

I'd be very interested in the heat effect on the tank with the 36" spectra. I did look at it but opted to go with the 24" and two LEDs to suppliment which I'm quite happy with. My tank goes from 77 to 79.8 when the light is on. So its not too bad. I will be adding a GHL cooling fan this weekend just in case. It gets hot here in New York in the summer.

Back