Giesemann Lighting Club.

^^^^^^^Your lighting should be staggered, don't have more than 1 MH start at the same time.

can i leave it on the same circuit though and just have my apex have one turn on, then 30 minutes another one and finally the third one 30 minutes after?

Yes that is what I do, you have a electronic so it should be easier on the starting but a M80 ballast is a lot more abrupt more like a punch then a fast flicker so to speak.

all set up... i have the actinics come on at 2 for an hour. Then at 3 the left MH, 3:10 the middle and 3:20 the right. The halides shut off at 10 and the actinics shut off at 11.

Well in the end stay with that cycle, maybe run the halides for a hour then ramp up 15 minutes every month unless you have a high demand right away, if so maybe just go 4 hours to start.

Well in the end stay with that cycle, maybe run the halides for a hour then ramp up 15 minutes every month unless you have a high demand right away, if so maybe just go 4 hours to start.

I have mostly SPS. so far everything seems to be loving the halides instead of the crappy ecotech gen 2

Giesemann Spectra meets KessilA360WE

Giesemann Spectra meets KessilA360WE

I finally have my tank up and running. I have to say that I absolutely love the Spectra/Kessil combo although I think the Spectra could actually handle the 42"X24"X21" tank just fine alone. But the combo of shimmer and late evening viewing under LEDs was worth the investment. Here is a short video. Hope you enjoy.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ewJt5aHBO8A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can I get away with a single 400w radium 24” spectra on a 36x30x18 tank or should I go with 2?

Or 1 spectra and 2 xr15 on the end of the fixture

I am in the process of building a 375g tank. I have decided to run MH With LED supplementation. Tank dimensions are 96" x 30" x 30". I will be using Lumen Bright SE Large Reflectors and have decided to use the Giesemann Megachrome Crystal 17,500K SE 400W bulb. Can anyone recommend a good ballast for this combination. I know choices a slim theses days. With all the reading I have done everything points to Hamilton, Luxcore or lumatec. Are any of these the best or am I missing something better? Sorry in advance if this is the wrong thread.

Can I get away with a single 400w radium 24" spectra on a 36x30x18 tank or should I go with 2?

Or 1 spectra and 2 xr15 on the end of the fixture

That should work well. Even 250 W would be fine. I run my 24" on a 42"X24" tank (21" high) and I suppliment with two Kessil's but more for late evening effect then for the corals. I think the Spectra can handle it just fine.

Back