good camera for the price?

jeninjohnk

have a friend of a friend that works for sony--(i know not the favorite) he can get me a dslra350k,sqal552oolens(55-200mm f/4-5.6), and a vgb30am grip for around 6 bills. is this worth getting? i want to take pics of my tank,my wife wants to take pics of everthing else. i'm NOT remotely photosava. nor do i want another hobby. seem lik a pretty good deal even if it overkill for our skill level.. what do you think?

I wouldn't ever want to use that lens for taking pictures of a tank. However, that camera with no lens at all costs 6 bills so your friend is basically hooking you up with a free $230 lens. The lens isn't a very good one BUT, again, it is a free lens and gives you something to work with before you can get something better. You will want to get something better though.

better off going with the g10? save a couple bills.i've been following your posts. my wife is up my buut to get a new camera. we currently use a canonexilim p+s. she borrowed that sony from her friend and now she's hooked- i know she has no idea what to do with it. she just like being able to take kiddie pics+blow them up for printing without gettin grainy. what do you think?

I would recommend a G-10 to anyone, I think it is the best point and shoot on the market right now. It isn't a DSLR, so the lens you get is the lens you get. You can't upgrade it. Then again it isn't a DSLR, the lens you get is the lens you get. You don't have to cough up $2000 to upgrade it.

With proper equipment the Sony would best the G10 in every category. If you don't want to get the proper equipment i.e. your camera is going to rival your tank in expense, then the G10 will probably suit your needs just fine.

For the budget conscious who want a nice high quality camera but don't want to go head over heals in photography, a Canon G-10 or Panasonic LX3 are probably excellent matches. I think the G10 would suit your tank better, while the LX3 might have the edge with your wife...either camera would be very good for each of you though.

Back