Hello Fellow Wyomingnites

/peeks around the corner

Um...Hi from Casper!

I don't have a tank yet (have to wait for phase two of the house remodel project first) so I've mainly just been lurking and planning. Thought I'd sneak in and say hello though.

:wavehand:

/peeks around the corner

Um...Hi from Casper!

I don't have a tank yet (have to wait for phase two of the house remodel project first) so I've mainly just been lurking and planning. Thought I'd sneak in and say hello though.

:wavehand:
Well hello, glad to have your first post be in the local forum, Please be sure to start a thread documenting your progress. We love to follow along with that stuff.

and let me be the first to say:
[welcome]

What size tank are you planning to have in this newly remodeled house?
Jimmy

I'd really love to have this custom 90gal I came up with...but floor-weight load issues may mean I have to downsize. Still trying to work that one out, as well as coming up with a convincing answer for the husband when he asks me why I want a marine tank in the first place. :hmm1:

Will be a while before I can start a thread on mine, we're still working on an emergency basement remodel thanks to the great flood this past summer. Have to get our tenants taken care of first. Then hopefully something can be done to fix the floor in my office previous owners screwed up with a poorly executed remodel.

Am planning on a Pacific patch reef type setup with a pair of orange or pink skunk clowns and just a few other fish, zoas & LPS eventually. And am crazy enough to think about doing just about everything myself aside from the skimmer and such. Menards has acrylic sheet, I just need to see if they can get it in bigger thicker sheets. But that's putting the cart before the horse right now. :lol:

Last edited:
Hey sisterlimonpot, how are you doing? sorry took me so long to participate in our forum, just had to deal with the proccess or buying a house and now finally got it, i am gonna move in one week and wanted to ask you if for any reason you know how to frag corals? some of my corals grew up insane and now that i have to move my tank is the right time to do stuff like that !! I may need someone to take some frags since my tank don't have space for more until i get the upgrade wich has to wait because first i need to settle down down over my new house ;)

Thanks in advance and hoping you didn't move to yet !!!

george

Hey George,
Long time..... Where did you buy a house at? Fragging is pretty simple what type of corals do you have? Unfortunately we moved about 2 weeks ago but I still have a tank running there in cheyenne with all of my fragged corals and fish, (across the street from old chicogo) after we get the 125 back up and cycled here we will come back for everything. but, now we are living it up in sunny california.... the weather is holding strong in the upper 60s which is great for us wyomingnites, it's funny because we are the only ones that are walking around in shorts and t-shirts. When we stopped off in Vegas we had the swimming pool all to ourselves, people were telling us that we were crazy for being in the pool when it was so cold.

anyway i wish that i could have been there to help with the tank move or fragging, did you ever meet Jim (jp634)? He lives there in cheyenne and has an awesome tank and very knowledgeable, he may be able to help with the fragging.

Back on topic... again, what type of corals are you wanting to frag?

Hey sisterlimon sry i was away from the internet for a few weeks, i finally bought the house and all this moving got things crazy LOl, Anyways i just moved my tank with everything in it and fortunately nothing died, it was fine and as far as those corals i guess i have time now to figure how to frag, i think theres videos on youtube that shows how to do it or give you an idea :)

Anyways when are you coming to Cheyenne? or maybe you already came?

I HAVE A QUESTION, i am thinking about buying new lights for my tank and i really wanna go bluer than i am now, i currently have 2 x 250W Phoenix 14K DE, running with electronic ballast, i heard thing about Radium bulbs 20K, DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THOSE KINDA LIGHTS? OR HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ABOUT OTHER BRANDS?
I don't wanna run actinics since i prefer to stay with MHs no suplemments, plus i save energy that way too ;)

Thanks in advance,

George

George,
I must have replied as a PM. so you have one from me when ever you get back on.

Yesterday was a tragic day for my tank in Cheyenne, the power went out in the middle of the night and dropped the temp to low 60's after realizing the problem the damage was already done, it seems that all my fish died as a result, too early to tell if the corals are going to make it, some of the LPS seem like they bounced back but hopefully they all make a full recovery.

I need to hurry up and move into a house so I can go get my stuff!!!

Riverton here, tank is currently tore down due to moving. But when I build it up I'll be sure to post.

:wave: Hi all, it's the Dino here. I'm cruising the board this morning outside of the lounge and thought I'd say hi before security finds out I've escaped and drags me back :p. More Wyoming people here than I figured. Me and Randy (Scopus Tang) have known each other for a long time (at least as long as I've been a member here). Cool to see there are others out there doing the hobby in places that its a couple hour drive to the nearest fish store.

Might as well dredge up this ridiculously old thread...

Who all is still in WY, and who's still in the hobby? I've been here about a year and finally got all my gear out of storage and I'm starting a tank up again.

hA I'M STILL AROUND JUST NOT VISITING THIS SITE VERY OFTEN TANK HAS HAD ITS UP AND DOWNS BUT RIGHT NOW IT IS GOING UP THINKING ABOUT UP GRADING THIS WINTER WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME

Upgrading to what? Isn't your tank in the wall?

I just purchased a 300 gallon for the sole purpose of when I get back there to put it in the wall. A lot like your setup.

up grade to a 120 tank with dual overflows. yes my tank is in wall set up i have a large area behind it to work and change water,, really is the perfect setup.

Back