Hello, Geezer coming back to this forum. Paul B

We USED to go to the city to Broadway or to see the window displays during Christmas.
Neither the wife or I have any inclination to go today. Too much going on with shootings & people getting hurt to even think about it.
Besides the theatres out her do a great job without the hassle of public transportation.

It actually used to be much more dangerous. Now it's mostly weird Snowflakes with nothing better to do than protest just about everything even though they would do better if they just got a job. :cool:

@Paul B
Are you home during the week in front on August 27 weekend? Family is gathering for a “celebration of life”, we have several events between Patchogue and the Hamptons. I was hoping I could coordinate a visit with you as well as @JohnL & @vlangel. I will have better details as I have been asked to cater the Cajun celebration event.

Laussez les bonne temps roulee,
Patrick

I am on a private Island now. Mustique. I will get back to you when I return. If I forget. PM me in a week. Thanks. Paul

@Paul B
Are you home during the week in front on August 27 weekend? Family is gathering for a “celebration of life”, we have several events between Patchogue and the Hamptons. I was hoping I could coordinate a visit with you as well as @JohnL & @vlangel. I will have better details as I have been asked to cater the Cajun celebration event.

Laussez les bonne temps roulee,
Patrick
Patrick, I was hoping to come and meet you all but it's not going to work out for me. I hope that you, Paul B, and JohnL have a nice visit!

So last week we went with the Kids and Grand Kids to the private Island of Mustique.

www.mustique-island.com

Mustique Island - Mustique

Mustique, steeped in history and surrounded by intrigue lies in the of islands of St Vincent and the Grenadines, a hundred miles west of Barbados.
www.mustique-island.com

www.mustique-island.com
mustique island - AOL Image Search Results
This is the third time we have been there and we absolutely love the place. We rented house and the staff with the chef. The place has 3 pools and like all the Island homes it is very big and entirely open, even the bathrooms but you are up on a mountain so the only ones who can see you showering are the fish. Almost no glass in the place, just open spaces.

It is on the equator so it is always warm.
To get there you fly to Saint Lucia then take this 16 seater puddle jumper.

IMG_5458.JPG

IMG_5454.JPG

The pilot gets outside the plane to turn the props to get the thing started. :oops: It roars to life just as you have to takeyour hands inside the window right next to the propeller.

As it rises into the air and we reach cruising altitude aprox, 12' above the highest sailboat mast
IMG_5520.JPG

I watch the "mainland" disappear.

So during the 10 minute flight I look at the little card in the seat back that shows the safety equipment. The first thing I read on the card is this.
IMG_5522.JPG

So I keep looking at the engine to see if I see any of those things. :oops:

As I read on further I notice the "Safety" equipment.
The safety equipment is a tent and a fork.....No...Really!!! A tent and a fork. This flight is 100% over water.

Then we approach this huge landing strip which I thought was for helicopters.
IMG_5472.JPG

We get off the plane and walk to the Gate. It reads "Gate One" in big letters. Of course there is no gate two, three or anything else.

IMG_5457.JPG

The customs office is about as big as my bathroom and quite hot. The nice lady checks us out to make sure we don't have any lizzards, broccoli, or anything else questionable.

On our short trip to the house. (The Island is only 2 miles long) we see the turtle sculpture that I remembered from our last visit and it is in the center of the Island.
IMG_5473.JPG

I have nothing to do with what they are doing, it's a sculpture.

Then we finally arrive at our private house and meet the staff.

IMG_5478.JPG

These are the two smaller pools. They light up different colors at night.

IMG_5480.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG

Here is a video of the house we stayed in.

Oceanus - Mustique

Going to the dentist now. Finish later. :)

These guys are all over the place, like speed bumps.

GOPR0145.JPG

The bathroom

GOPR0147.JPG

Our private beach

GOPR0183.JPG

GOPR0177.JPG

IMG_5484.JPG

They give you a bar be cue here.

GOPR0173.JPG

• Jul 6, 2015 (Yes this was an old post. What can I say? I ran out of things to say)
I don't have the nicest tank on here.
I don't have the nicest of a lot of things, but I don't care because they are nice enough for me.
I don't have the most difficult corals on here, but it is not my purpose to have that.
I don't have the most interesting fish on here, but they are interesting enough for me.
I have no ideas what my parameters are. I assume my corals know and they seem fine.
I don't have any controllers or dosers. Don't want any.
I don't have any test kits. If I want something tested, I take It to a LFS. They like doing that.
I don't have the largest tank on here. It's a perfect size for me.
My lights are way underpowered. I don't care and so far, neither do the corals.
I don't have a sump. I would, but they were not invented in the 70s
I don't use any reactors, GFO, GAC, ABC, Doh Ray Me, or bio pellets.
I don't use Rowafas.
Don't have a DSB, SSB, or BB.
I don't use Purple Up, Marine Snow or almost anything else and I don't want to.
I have to many fish, they don't seem to mind the crowd.
I have to many Pod eaters, they send out for Pizza.
I am jealous of some tanks on here, but I will get over it.
I don't have the most hair and I am far from the best looking on here. My wife likes me.
I don't change much water, but I assume I change enough.
I have plenty of iron and stainless steel in my tank. Is that scary to anyone?
I sometimes feed my fish Plaster of Paris with some minerals mixed in. Am I bad?
I used copper for years in my tank and never changed the rocks or gravel.
I have never dated a Supermodel but I did date some beautiful girls. Also some plainer ones with nice personalities.
I use dolomite for the substrate, ever heard of that?
My wiring is probably some of the sloppiest on here. And I am an electrician.
I am impressed by some of the skill on here with spawning hard fish.
I am impressed by creativity, but not by degrees unless they are on a thermometer.
Right now I am embarrassed to say I have a fever, which is a Sissy disease and I may have to revoke my Man card. Fevers are so yesterday and Sissy Mary like. Maybe I am hallucinating which is why I wrote this useless thread.
I am finished, and I am old, There is no purpose to this post that I know of. :cool:

Its a hobby, enjoy it for yourself, no one else

Are you home during the week in front on August 27 weekend?
Call just before you come, I am not sure what we are doing as we are usually on the boat on weekends or visit the kids but my wife makes those plans and they change with the weather, But we will most likely be in New York.

Early this morning I went for a walk on the beach behind my house. It was dead low tide so perfect for amphipod hunting.
Morning beach.JPG

Of course I didn't realize it was going to be low tide so I didn't bring anything to hold amphipods in and I hate to put them in my shorts. They wiggle to much. :oops:

Rocks on beach.JPG

I walked and walked and couldn't find one thing to collect pods in. Eventually I came across 2 plastic bottles. Of course the opening is to small because I normally lift an algae covered rock which are covered in amphipods and swish them in a bucket of salt water but I didn't bring one.
Morning beach.JPG

I needed to cut one of the bottles in half to make a scoop and all I had was the beach key. I used that and after a while and just before I cut my hand off trying to do this I made a hole in the bottle. I was able to rip the bottle in half pretty straight.

That bottle I used for a scoop so when I lifted a small rock, the depression was full of amphipods that scurry out of sight in about 3 seconds so I have to be fast. I lift the rock and immediately stick in the "scoop" and collect maybe a dozen amphipods under each rock out of the dozens of them there.
Rocks on beach.JPG

Then I dump that into the whole bottle. When the bottle gets full of water I let it settle so the pods go to the bottom and I add more water laden amphipods. I have been doing this all my life and I am a little smarter than the creatures so I came away with a couple of hundred pods.

They are now in my tank intermingling with the ones I collected last week, except of course for the slow ones which are fish food. 😊

Last edited:
Yesterday we took our friend and my wife's pilates instructor out on the boat. We went to this small cove where we normally go and anchored.
We ate a little, swam a little and listened to my fabulous collection of 70s music .

Then I noticed we were almost in the weeds and the anchor dragged about a hundred feet.

OOOhhhNNNooo. But I managed to push the boat out to slightly deeper water and start the engines.

I wanted to move the boat a little deeper so of course I had to raise the anchor. (It's electric so I don't actually have to get on the front of the boat and flex my muscles like I used to do in my youth. :rolleyes:
This is a new anchor because I lost my old one in this exact spot last week.

I raised the anchor and it was straining to come up. The water was very shallow and I know there are no rocks, cables or 1967 Oldsmobile, Vista Cruisers sunk there so it was odd the anchor was having so much trouble coming up.

Then the anchor just broke the surface and I saw the problem. There must have been 50 gallons of seaweed wrapped around the thing so you couldn't see the flukes.

(Not the flukes many of you people feel are on your tangs when you buy them) :unsure:

The anchor looked like a giant ball of greenery and the blackest, slimiest, smelliest mud I have ever seen.

I imagine the girls could have put that all over their face like they do in those fancy spa's. This is probably where they get the stuff.

The bottom here must have 2' of seaweed growing on a substrate of very fine mud so the anchor couldn't dig in.

Anyway, not much of a story but then I took the Ladies out to a sea side restaurant in my marina for oysters and tuna.

Then back to our condo pool. Great day all around. :p

Last edited:
Unfortunately being "old" brings on some health issues. Not as bad as my wife but I have been having some back pain lately, like most people and I figured it was from my extensive habit of bungee jumping, back flipping and ball room dancing almost every morning before breakfast and sometimes after lunch.

But for the last 2 years the upper back pain extended to my shoulders. I originally thought it was from my 7 shoulder surgeries and that probably didn't help. :(

I have been going for acupuncture and pain Management shots mainly because both my acupuncturist and pain Mgt Dr. are Supermodels but after a while, even a Supermodel can't help. Not to much anyway but I still like to go.

The MRIs show that my back looks like it came from a blue leg hermit crab but the X Rays show it more like an arrow crab. :oops:

I stand pretty straight but my spine has a big curve to it which made the Neurologist think they made a mistake and took a picture of a boomerang.
About 8 disks are to degenerated to do anything about and are all bone on bone. It is what it is and will always be painful and I will get stiffer as time goes on (like all old people) and my fish don't seem to care at all even though I hung my X Ray in front of their tank.

He said it can't be fixed unless he cuts out almost all my disks and installs rods which will make me walk like an Emu looking up in the sky for eagles which is not the look I was going for so I will keep my old back as I probably can't get a new one.

(I have been taking short baths in Prizapro as per Humblefish instructions)

Of course my main concern is my Bride of almost 50 years because I do almost everything for her and putting her walker in my car is getting quite hard. But manageable.

The Neurologist told us it is from my job as a Commercial construction electrician because that is not a Girly job as most of the equipment was a thousand pounds and wanted to be mounted on the ceiling. :oops:

Unloading all that from tractor trailers for half a century probably was not the best thing so I imagine those Neanderthals bringing down a Woolly Mammoth must have kept Pain Mgt. Doctors pretty busy and it was probably even harder then to get an appointment then.

Last week we didn't see our neighbor and after a day we heard her dog barking so we broke the window and found that she had died about a day and a half before. Anyway I posted about that elsewhere but Sunday, her Brother N Law was cleaning out her house and got stuck in the elevator.

I had a small hydraulic elevator installed outside my condo unit here when I moved in because my wife has MS and can't do stairs. After I did mine, 3 neighbors followed and had them installed.

They are small and really are handicapped, residential elevators and only make 3 stops.

The elderly Lady next to that house heard the guy banging on the door and ran to get me. (They run to get me if they find a snapping turtle on the road, tree down, homeless person, missing person, broken shower, broken sprinkler, broken air conditioner, dead deer, clogged toilet near the pool, space craft, Boeing 747, Nancy Pelosi etc.) :oops:

So I go there and talk to the guy through the door and Sunday was a record heat day at about 97 degrees and these elevators are outside the building.
(His cell phone didn't work inside the car and we get lousy service here being on the sea on a hilltop)

I opened the elevator door above him and got on top of the car. Then I removed the light fixture so I could hand him a screwdriver and explained to him how to take apart the electronic door lock inside the door.

After about 40 minutes he was free.

The problem was with the locking mechanism. The stainless steel pin inside the lock that you push up in an emergency unscrewed itself and fell into the mechanism making it impossible to open the door. I am sure the fire department could open it but that would have cost $5,000.00 to repair.

So today I am installing outside my elevator a big gong with a rotating strobe light connected to the Panic button inside the car. I will also try to make the phone inside the cars work and I re designed that lock so it can't happen again. (In my elevator anyway and I will see if I have time to do the other two.)

Last week we didn't see our neighbor and after a day we heard her dog barking so we broke the window and found that she had died about a day and a half before. Anyway I posted about that elsewhere but Sunday, her Brother N Law was cleaning out her house and got stuck in the elevator.

I had a small hydraulic elevator installed outside my condo unit here when I moved in because my wife has MS and can't do stairs. After I did mine, 3 neighbors followed and had them installed.

They are small and really are handicapped, residential elevators and only make 3 stops.

The elderly Lady next to that house heard the guy banging on the door and ran to get me. (They run to get me if they find a snapping turtle on the road, tree down, homeless person, missing person, broken shower, broken sprinkler, broken air conditioner, dead deer, clogged toilet near the pool, space craft, Boeing 747, Nancy Pelosi etc.) :oops:

So I go there and talk to the guy through the door and Sunday was a record heat day at about 97 degrees and these elevators are outside the building.
(His cell phone didn't work inside the car and we get lousy service here being on the sea on a hilltop)

I opened the elevator door above him and got on top of the car. Then I removed the light fixture so I could hand him a screwdriver and explained to him how to take apart the electronic door lock inside the door.

After about 40 minutes he was free.

The problem was with the locking mechanism. The stainless steel pin inside the lock that you push up in an emergency unscrewed itself and fell into the mechanism making it impossible to open the door. I am sure the fire department could open it but that would have cost $5,000.00 to repair.

So today I am installing outside my elevator a big gong with a rotating strobe light connected to the Panic button inside the car. I will also try to make the phone inside the cars work and I re designed that lock so it can't happen again. (In my elevator anyway and I will see if I have time to do the other two.)
Wait you mean there’s people that still talk to their neighbors?

I really hate to see threads that start like this:

"Just got a china wrasse that was treated with prazipro and noticed white spots on some other fish sail fin tang and the china wrasse and blue throat fairy wrasse and my clown fish is hazy white on the top"
end quote

This is on another forum and I feel bad for the person. I also disagree with most of the advice he is getting but I don't want to go on there and open up a can of blackworms.

He's also got a tang and other fish in a 40 gallon tank and he just treated them in Prizapro for some perceived thing. Now the fish have pretty severe HLLE and ich so he wants to treat with some ich cure from Petco that is "good" for fresh and salt water. He is also running carbon.

There is just so much wrong with this. The tank is way to small for those fish, Prizapro is silly to put on a fish with nothing wrong with it unless you want to give it some affliction. Carbon should not be used for a number of reasons. Especially if you for some reason are using Prizapro and some type of copper.

I really feel bad for the owner and the fish. Those fish just needed to be in a normal tank with hiding places with no medication or carbon and they probably would be fine.

I realize the majority of people on "this" forum will disagree with me but I am old, senile and don't care. :unsure:

If our fish get sick it's because we made them sick. They were fine when they were in the sea as Mother Nature doesn't have a disease forum.

I feel that poster needs to start that tank over and remove all those medications. Just my opinion of course.

Back