history of lunar's reef

Amazing coral and awesone pictures!!!

Good job

Thank you, Moonfroz!

Krzysztof
I always love your pictures and awesome corals - looking through your thread sure keeps me humble because you are light years ahead of my skills.

Greg, April 2010 TOTM - you can't be humble. Your skills are better than you cosider :)

Hi Krzysztof,

Did you still have sand when you changed your rocks?

Best tank around the globe for sure, good job!

Thanks, Rodrigo.No, still without sand for some time. The bottom was covered by light rose calcareous algae and it makes it very natural look. I'll try to take a pictures, it's really looks fine.

Tank is looking beautiful! The colors you get are just amazing. Very inspiring.

Thanks a lot, cFloor.

Is this Bulb Available in the United States?

If so does anybody know where I can buy them from?

How long have the Bulbs been around for?

Are there any PAR Test Results for them?

Please

Thank you.
It doesn't take much!

Mo

You have FM distributors for sure. Ask them, please.
I don't know any PAR tests for Ultra Royal blue and don't care about it. I love them and will use them as long as they are available.

I've been trying like H E double hockey sticks to get them in Canada, without success.. I'd LOVE to try them..
Couldn't resist the m.a.s.h reference..

Sorry, Matt, I don't understand. M.a.s.h. is a sitcome. What do you mean by saying it?

Krzysztof

Thank you, Moonfroz!

Greg, April 2010 TOTM - you can't be humble. Your skills are better than you cosider :)

Thanks, Rodrigo.No, still without sand for some time. The bottom was covered by light rose calcareous algae and it makes it very natural look. I'll try to take a pictures, it's really looks fine.

Thanks a lot, cFloor.

You have FM distributors for sure. Ask them, please.
I don't know any PAR tests for Ultra Royal blue and don't care about it. I love them and will use them as long as they are available.

Sorry, Matt, I don't understand. M.a.s.h. is a sitcome. What do you mean by saying it?

Krzysztof

I have no clue what an FM Distributor even is.

Who Exactly am I supposed to Ask?

You can order from their website but I don't know if they ship overseas.

Yes Krzysztof, Colonel Potter from the sitcom m.a.s.h. would use the expression 'h e double hockey sticks' instead of saying 'hell'.. Sorry, it's hockey hockey hockey season right now with the playoffs.. Just ignore me :)

I'd rather watch videos or your tank than watch hockey, anyways!

I tried all those.

Yes, They All Sell Fauna Marin Products.

But None of them Sells the Blue T5 HO Bulb.

If anybody in the United States Uses that Bulb where do you get it?

I am Dying to Try it Out.

My apologies. I researched this bulb a while back and if you want it you have to pay to have them shipped from Germany, buy through the Fauna Marin Site. In searching I found that the bulb is essentially a blue plus with the green peak removed. A similar bulb is the KZ super blue.

There is a blue bulb by philips that is supposed to be identical, you could try that as well:
http://advancedtechlighting.com/philipspricolor.htm

My apologies. I researched this bulb a while back and if you want it you have to pay to have them shipped from Germany, buy through the Fauna Marin Site. In searching I found that the bulb is essentially a blue plus with the green peak removed. A similar bulb is the KZ super blue.

There is a blue bulb by philips that is supposed to be identical, you could try that as well:
http://advancedtechlighting.com/philipspricolor.htm

Thanks.

So the KZ Bulb and the Phillips Bulb is a Deeper Blue than ATI Blue Plus Then Right?

I want to make my Corals Pop as Much as Possible.

I am trying to Mimic All Blue LED as Best I can with T5's though.

Yes, that is correct. Another deeper blue bulb shifted more toward uv is the new Giesemann Actinic Blue

Wow this tank is stunning!

I've been using FM Ultra Royal Blue for 3 months now and I really like the way these bulbs make my acros pop. From what I hear, Fauna Marin is working to make these bulbs readily available in the USA.

Yes Krzysztof, Colonel Potter from the sitcom m.a.s.h. would use the expression 'h e double hockey sticks' instead of saying 'hell'.. Sorry, it's hockey hockey hockey season right now with the playoffs.. Just ignore me :)

I'd rather watch videos or your tank than watch hockey, anyways!

Thank you for your explanations :) , I understand now.

Krzysztof

Thanks for the pic looking great as always. Did you use this opportunity to change your fish also?

Thank you. Sorry, I omitted your question. Yes, I changed my fish. First of all I said good bye to achilles and hepatus due their nasty behaviour. I have zebrasoma flavescens, acanthurus olivaceus, zebrasoma rostratum, acanthurus triostegus and bodianus sepiacaudus for the time being but I'm going to introduce more fish.

Um that is a Wholesaler.

So I can't buy from them.

I tried Google but found nobody that sells them.

I heard that Ultra royal blue tubes will be available in US in about month.

And photo under royal blue only:

Krzysztof
https://www.facebook.com/aqua.mor.Krzysztof.Tryc

Bulb Combination

Bulb Combination

Krzysztof

dzień dobry

First of all what an amazing reef tank you have.

I have a Diuna 8x54w with the following bulb combo since March this year

F
Crystal Blue
Pigment INT+
Crystal Blue
Spectra+
Crystal Blue
Crystal Blue
Pigment INT+
Crystal Blue
B

This was similar to your Diuna last year and one of the reasons I chose this light.

Growth has been excellent however colour wise I am not so happy greens have dulled, reds not as vibrant purples are good and blues OK

NO3 is 0.2 PO4 is 0.08, I don't use bio pearls or any carbon dosing as such just live rock. I dose Aminos once a week but little else. I use Rowaphos for phosphate control.

I see you have moved away from Pacific Sun bulbs any reason for this ?

I am using these bulbs as Pacific Sun were doing a promotion on the Diuna lamp

Many thanks

Andrew

Krzysztof

dzień dobry

First of all what an amazing reef tank you have.

I have a Diuna 8x54w with the following bulb combo since March this year

F
Crystal Blue
Pigment INT+
Crystal Blue
Spectra+
Crystal Blue
Crystal Blue
Pigment INT+
Crystal Blue
B

This was similar to your Diuna last year and one of the reasons I chose this light.

Growth has been excellent however colour wise I am not so happy greens have dulled, reds not as vibrant purples are good and blues OK

NO3 is 0.2 PO4 is 0.08, I don't use bio pearls or any carbon dosing as such just live rock. I dose Aminos once a week but little else. I use Rowaphos for phosphate control.

I see you have moved away from Pacific Sun bulbs any reason for this ?

I am using these bulbs as Pacific Sun were doing a promotion on the Diuna lamp

Many thanks

Andrew

Dzień dobry, Andrew :)

Thank you.

The PS Diuna T5 is a great lamp so your choice was very good. As for PS tubes their lifespan was too short in comparison to other brands, that's why I gave them up. However, recently Pacific Sun has improved their quality. I'm going to try them again, the price is very encouraging especially if you have to change 8 or 10 tubes.

Andrew, try to decrease PO4 a bit, do water changes once a week and consider dosing some additives , like FM color elements and reef vitality.

Sorry for a bad quality of the picture but I'm attaching my friend's tank photo who has been using PS tubes and Diuna lamp for several months:

As for PS tubes their lifespan was too short in comparison to other brands, that's why I gave them up. However, recently Pacific Sun has improved their quality. I'm going to try them again, the price is very encouraging especially if you have to change 8 or 10 tubes.

Dear Krzysztof,

Thanks for your honesty. You have completely vindicated me and the results of my experiment, which I carried out August 2014.

If what you are saying is right about PS tubes' modification to make them last longer, then I take some credit because of my public criticism of their original tubes.

I am an admirer of your skills. Thanks for continuing to inspire me.

regards

Bulent

Last edited:
Back