history of lunar's reef

I'm having good results so far using your methods lunar. My AIO pellets kicked into action this week. I was surprised it really dropped p04 down. I started using vitality

Oops, I started vitality before reading you are using it. Have you had good results from it? I'm doing half dose now. All my sps are coloring up nicely. The latest pics look awesome!!

Dear Krzysztof,

Thanks for your honesty. You have completely vindicated me and the results of my experiment, which I carried out August 2014.

If what you are saying is right about PS tubes' modification to make them last longer, then I take some credit because of my public criticism of their original tubes.

I am an admirer of your skills. Thanks for continuing to inspire me.

regards

Bulent

Thank you DiscusHeckel, I always say what I think. I'm not dependent on anybody. I have a small business but nobody sponsores me and it's ok. Freedom of speech is very important.

Excellent tank.
Say what pelets you apply and how often do they add.
And there are already GFO? How much?

All in one biopellets from the Netherlands. How often, it's variable in various tanks. I add the biopellets every half of the year. These pellets contain GFO so a filter for GFO is useless. I added 1,5 liters of AIO to my reactor. BTW, I have the best reactor for biopellets, it is designed by me. Sorry, it doesn't seem to be modest but true.

Your photos are a pleasure to view! The colors of your corals are outstanding!

Thank you, Myka.

One more question? Sorry.
How much water flow through the reactor for pellets?
It has a separate pump?

I'm having good results so far using your methods lunar. My AIO pellets kicked into action this week. I was surprised it really dropped p04 down. I started using vitality

My reactor is connected through by-pass. If you don't want this option, you need have an additional pump about 1000 liters/h. An outflow from the reactor is about 500-600 liters/h.
I'm happy, use this product, it's very good but don't overdose! (FM reef vitality)

Oops, I started vitality before reading you are using it. Have you had good results from it? I'm doing half dose now. All my sps are coloring up nicely. The latest pics look awesome!!
Yes, it's a very good stuff and you do well with half dose in the beginning. I always add half or even less what a manufacturer says when I start with a new product.

Krzysztof

Thanks Krzysztof, I watched my nitrates closely after adding AIO pellets. Everyday checked. They were slowly coming down over a couple weeks then boom, all at once I got 0 reading one day. I have my recirculating reactor turned down to a trickle now. I am trying to find the balance of amount to feed and flow thru the reactor. My skimmer is producing solid black skimmate now after adding them. I have my BP effluent plumbed directly to my skimmer body, and a filter sock on skimmer exit. The Vitality seems to be working well but I have not used it long.
I wanted to ask you about your light intensity when taking pictures. Are all your lights running when you take the pics? I ask because I have built a strong led array and I am trying to tune the spectrum by looks as close as I can to the nice look of your t5. My lights seem very bright and I never get the nice clear and crisp look from them unless I turn them very low. But my corals seem to like them turned up. It is early in my build and I will find that balance. I added fans to my canopy this week and will soon add t5 to my leds searching for the perfect look you have perfected. I have plenty of blue but want to add the daylight colors with t5. Thank you for all of your advise and help!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433639529329.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433639529329.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1433639571780.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433639571780.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
I have been getting the FM Color Elements and Reef Vitality from BRS. The DVH Biogro from Aquarium Specialty.

Thanks Krzysztof, I watched my nitrates closely after adding AIO pellets. Everyday checked. They were slowly coming down over a couple weeks then boom, all at once I got 0 reading one day. I have my recirculating reactor turned down to a trickle now. I am trying to find the balance of amount to feed and flow thru the reactor. My skimmer is producing solid black skimmate now after adding them. I have my BP effluent plumbed directly to my skimmer body, and a filter sock on skimmer exit. The Vitality seems to be working well but I have not used it long.
I wanted to ask you about your light intensity when taking pictures. Are all your lights running when you take the pics? I ask because I have built a strong led array and I am trying to tune the spectrum by looks as close as I can to the nice look of your t5. My lights seem very bright and I never get the nice clear and crisp look from them unless I turn them very low. But my corals seem to like them turned up. It is early in my build and I will find that balance. I added fans to my canopy this week and will soon add t5 to my leds searching for the perfect look you have perfected. I have plenty of blue but want to add the daylight colors with t5. Thank you for all of your advise and help!!!

I take photos when all my lights are running otherwise I can't get a correct white balance setting, pictures are very blue then.
Think that it's a good idea to add T5.
The skimmate production in my tank looks similar :)

Krzysztof

I agree on the T5. I have a string of Lime LED's and a string of mixed Amber/Red's with no optics trying to add in a nice blended 550nm and 610nm spike of the PS Shallow water bulb. It seemed like the way to do it but I'm not getting the results. It's early yet so I may tweak it a bit more and seeing the results before adding the T5. I have the lights 20 inches above the water and do have a nice even spread and no shadows or LED hotspots.

fXeCXajuUVkwmZmrgW42TQiWf_jnqKqWv8KpvMhKd0c=w453-h228-p-no

I have plenty of royal blue and 410nm violet. If I go the T5 route I hope to just use PS Shallow water and Pigment INT on T5 and add in RB with LED's. You're colors are just amazing. My plans with LED's were to avoid the heat issues with metal halide. I'm hoping the 8 120mm fans will keep the T5 cool in my canopy.

I agree on the T5. I have a string of Lime LED's and a string of mixed Amber/Red's with no optics trying to add in a nice blended 550nm and 610nm spike of the PS Shallow water bulb. It seemed like the way to do it but I'm not getting the results. It's early yet so I may tweak it a bit more and seeing the results before adding the T5. I have the lights 20 inches above the water and do have a nice even spread and no shadows or LED hotspots.

fXeCXajuUVkwmZmrgW42TQiWf_jnqKqWv8KpvMhKd0c=w453-h228-p-no

I have plenty of royal blue and 410nm violet. If I go the T5 route I hope to just use PS Shallow water and Pigment INT on T5 and add in RB with LED's. You're colors are just amazing. My plans with LED's were to avoid the heat issues with metal halide. I'm hoping the 8 120mm fans will keep the T5 cool in my canopy.

Everything seems to be ok but I'm thinking that 20 inches above the water aren't good for t5. It's about 50cm, for leds probably ok but for t5?

Krzysztof

Everything seems to be ok but I'm thinking that 20 inches above the water aren't good for t5. It's about 50cm, for leds probably ok but for t5?

Krzysztof

Thanks Krzysztof, I will keep that in mind when I add T5. Will have to get them lower in the canopy and use reflectors. My tank is 96 inch by 24 inch and I planned to add four 108 watt retrofit kits (8 total bulbs, 4 bulbs front to back). I will tweak my red led's one more time and see if I can get it right. The lime led does a real nice job with the whites and brightness.

How has your store been doing? Your pictures on facebook look very nice. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Krzysztof, I will keep that in mind when I add T5. Will have to get them lower in the canopy and use reflectors. My tank is 96 inch by 24 inch and I planned to add four 108 watt retrofit kits (8 total bulbs, 4 bulbs front to back). I will tweak my red led's one more time and see if I can get it right. The lime led does a real nice job with the whites and brightness.

How has your store been doing? Your pictures on facebook look very nice. Keep up the good work.

Thank you, cdial. My store is very small but I ejoy it a lot. I can care of corals myself, only my wife helps me - she loves reef tanks too. We love such a connection: passion and work. That's why our corals in the store are as healthy as the corals at home.

Krzysztof

Hi! One more question?
How many Balling solution consumed every day?

Aleks677, as you know, I replaced all my old rocks with Real Reef Rocks. The company claims:
-DOSEN'T HARBOR NUISCANCE OR PARASITIC ALGAES, INVERTS AND OTHER UNWANTED HITCH HIKERS
-HAS GREAT POROSITY, SHAPE, COLOR AND CHARACTER
-HAS GREAT BUFFERING ABILITY
-HOLDS ALKALINITY AND CALCIUM LEVELS
-HELPS MAINTAIN A STABLE HEALTHY pH

And I'm bound to say that it is true. I dose only 70ml Ca, 180 Kh and 20ml Mg every day. The solutions are strong, saturated but the amount of solutions is quite low quantity of corals cosidered.

And did you have a desire to move to a hybrid luminaire. Pacific sun.
Or ATI?

I used to have ATI hybrid and came back to T5 only.

Krzysztof

Hi, Krzysztof
Did you return to your old t5 combination of Aqua Science & FM Ultra Royal Blue or you are using something new?

Stoyan

Finally, I've read all the thread... Only one emotion - WOW! STUNNING!

But, please, could you answer this questions (not mentioned above):

1. What is your skimming process in detail? Do you skim 24/7 or you turned it off while feeding or adding supplements or bacteria? How long it is off in this case before turned back to work?

2. What schedule of testing parameters you use? When (precisely time - morning/evening) you do it, how often? Do you do anything in aquarium right after testing or you wait sometime to think or to do re-test?

And what testing schedule you could advice to new tanks? To check all the parameter everyday or once a week and etc.

3. Do you use direct feeding of corals or broadcast?

Thank you for response!

Back