history of lunar's reef

Oh wow,
That yellow efflo/table is stunning, have not seen anything like that one before, had one that had yellow base with blue hues towards the tips, but nothing even close to that yellow. Outstanding colors and photos as usual :)

Thank you Matt. BTW, I love your tanks side by side :thumbsup:

Krzysztof

Thanks, It started as a compromise rather than one larger tank but now Im thinking it may be even better:)

A quick question, are there any tips on selecting such great coral stock? I know you have a store and probably get to see more corals than the average customer, but it always seems to be such a gamble when it comes to choosing corals.
For example, on the yellows you have, did you know they would turn out so yellow when you first saw them? Or did you select them after they settled for a while from the importer?

Krzystof, Please forgive me for repeating a frequent question, but I ordered 2 new ATI LED Powermodules, and I am going to replace my Giesemann Spectra MH/T5 lighting with T5/LED lighting. So . . .

Can you tell me what your latest bulb configuration is or is it the same as your last post on the topic?

Thanks so much!

Joe

Joe, sorry, I haven't had time to update the thread so you're bewildered a bit. I have used ATI powermodule for ages, then ATI T5+Led. This a very good lamp but after some months not all my corals were so bright like they were before, mainly deep water sps. The lamp was replaced with PS Diuna T5. However, I didn't provide for one thing - a location of my tank and a side of the lamp for taking out a plexi. The tank stands in a living room niche where I have a limited access to the tank due to a wall. It was very hard to take out the plexi although it was divided into 3 pieces. So I came back to my first choice - ATI powermodule T5 and PS Diuna hangs over one of tanks in my shop.

Oh wow,
That yellow efflo/table is stunning, have not seen anything like that one before, had one that had yellow base with blue hues towards the tips, but nothing even close to that yellow. Outstanding colors and photos as usual :)

Thanks plyle02.

Very Nice do you have a full tank shot with the new rocks?

I have only one, not so good picture:

Thanks, It started as a compromise rather than one larger tank but now Im thinking it may be even better:)

A quick question, are there any tips on selecting such great coral stock? I know you have a store and probably get to see more corals than the average customer, but it always seems to be such a gamble when it comes to choosing corals.
For example, on the yellows you have, did you know they would turn out so yellow when you first saw them? Or did you select them after they settled for a while from the importer?

Imported corals usually need much time to show their beauty and true color. I select a coral that is a light green with a yellowish tint with hope it turns out yellow.

Krzysztof

Fantastic.
Corals have recovered very well from the changing rocks!
I too dose aminoacids almost every day with good results (Fauna Marin)
I like FM because shows the ingredients.
Have you found better results with Salifert aminoacid instead of Fauna Marin?

Thanks Kryzstof! I was guessing you are back to the regular Powermodule because you said before you felt the LEDs were not helping the deep water acros. I bought the LED Powermodule because I really like some "shimmer". That is why I always used MH/T5.

Please forgive me if I ask a couple more questions and interrupt this wonderful thread. I promise I won't bother you for a while after this :)

So . . .

Question:

1) When you tried the LED Powermodule how did you use the LEDs? Alot? A little?

2) Are you still using this combination of bulbs?

Fauna Marin Ultra Royal Blue
Pacific Sun Shallow Water
Pacific Sun Spectra+
PS Crystal Blue
PS Pigment Int
PS Shallow Water
PS Crystal Blue
PS Spectra+
PS Shallow Water
FM Ultra Royal Blue

My lights today are:

Giesemann AquaBlue Plus
Radium + Radium
Giesemann AquaBlue Plus

Now I will have 16 T5 bulbs to choose. It is easy for me to get ATI, Giesemann, and FM.

3) Do you think this combination is good for my tank or do you have another suggestion?

FM Ultra Royal Blue, ATI Coral +, Giesemann Actinic +, Giesemann Aquapink, ATI Aquablue sp., Giesemann Actinic+ ATI Coral+, FM Ultra Royal Blue

Thanks as always!!

Here are some pics of my tank now (sorry they are bad iPhone pics) :( Obviously I am very jealous because you have pink and red colors I am struggling to get. I think I need to try the Fauna Marin supplements :D

IMG_0151_zpsm23zdvir.jpg

IMG_2012_zps37vpomiw.jpg

hi lunar

your coral's color are unreal. Loved your old scape do you have any pics of it before you added corals?

edit:just remember someone already asked that and sadly you don't

Last edited:
Thanks Kryzstof! I was guessing you are back to the regular Powermodule because you said before you felt the LEDs were not helping the deep water acros. I bought the LED Powermodule because I really like some "shimmer". That is why I always used MH/T5.

Please forgive me if I ask a couple more questions and interrupt this wonderful thread. I promise I won't bother you for a while after this :)

So . . .

Question:

Pacific Sun Spectra+
PS Crystal Blue
PS Pigment Int
PS Shallow Water
PS Crystal Blue
PS Spectra+
PS Shallow Water
FM Ultra Royal Blue

My lights today are:

Giesemann AquaBlue Plus
Radium + Radium
Giesemann AquaBlue Plus

Now I will have 16 T5 bulbs to choose. It is easy for me to get ATI, Giesemann, and FM.

3) Do you think this combination is good for my tank or do you have another suggestion?

FM Ultra Royal Blue, ATI Coral +, Giesemann Actinic +, Giesemann Aquapink, ATI Aquablue sp., Giesemann Actinic+ ATI Coral+, FM Ultra Royal Blue

Thanks as always!!

Here are some pics of my tank now (sorry they are bad iPhone pics) :( Obviously I am very jealous because you have pink and red colors I am struggling to get. I think I need to try the Fauna Marin supplements :D

IMG_0151_zpsm23zdvir.jpg

IMG_2012_zps37vpomiw.jpg

I have never heard of this Bulb.

Is it New?

I use ATI Blue Plus.

How does it compare to that in terms of Blue.

I am trying to find the "Most Blue" T5 out there.

Is it the Fauna Marin Ultra Royal Blue?

Or do you have another Suggestion on which Bulb to get?

Please forgive me again for interrupting the thread Krzystof. I just thought it best to answer the question since other people reading the thread might have the same question.

Is it New?

I use ATI Blue Plus.

Here is what Kryzstof had to say about these new bulbs:

Ultra Royal blue tubes give a different effect, I love it. Regardless of lighting setup, ultra royal blue always turn on as the first tubes and go out as the last ones.
Claude Schuhmacher wrote: Ultra Royal blue tubes are a special very blue color, a perfect mix of slightly actinic and blue light, very close to old Osram 67 tubes.

Krzysztof

and, you can buy them direct . . .

Fantastic.
Corals have recovered very well from the changing rocks!
I too dose aminoacids almost every day with good results (Fauna Marin)
I like FM because shows the ingredients.
Have you found better results with Salifert aminoacid instead of Fauna Marin?

This is strange but corals didn't suffer at all from changing all the rocks, I was surprised because I was reckoned even with some losses.

I like both aa products and can't tell you which is a better one. After replacing the rocks I dosed aminoacids every day too in order to strengthen the corals, now I do that once a week, sometimes twice.

So . . .

Question:

Pacific Sun Spectra+
PS Crystal Blue
PS Pigment Int
PS Shallow Water
PS Crystal Blue
PS Spectra+
PS Shallow Water
FM Ultra Royal Blue

My lights today are:

Giesemann AquaBlue Plus
Radium + Radium
Giesemann AquaBlue Plus

Thanks as always!!

IMG_0151_zpsm23zdvir.jpg

IMG_2012_zps37vpomiw.jpg

Joe, you can bother me as often as you want :)

I used only about 30%-40% Led's.

Think that your combination will be perfect. My current combo is very similar :) : FM royal blue, ATI coral +, FM royal blue, Giesemann pure actinic, ATI aquablue sp., Giesemann aquapink, ATI blue +, FM royal blue, ATI coral +, FM royal blue.

Try FM color elements, one of the bottles - red/purple complex will improve your pink/red colors. You can buy either only this bottle or the whole set of 3 bottles.

hi lunar

your coral's color are unreal. Loved your old scape do you have any pics of it before you added corals?

edit:just remember someone already asked that and sadly you don't

Thank you, vinhle00. Sorry, I don't have any. I always forget to take such a photo :(

The Fts looks great Krzysztof

Thanks a lot, cugly.

Absolutely jaw-dropping. You are setting the extreme edge of the spectrum for colorful corals Krzysztof!

Wow... thank you, I'm really happy you like it.

One of the best tanks I have seen.

Are you using only Fauna Marin supplements in this tank

Thank you. Most FM supplements (recently also reef vitality and color balance in very, very small doses) and Salifert aminoacids.

Is it New?

I use ATI Blue Plus.

I can't compare Royal blue bulbs with any other T5 now. Joe already quoted my reply.

Please forgive me again for interrupting the thread Krzystof. I just thought it best to answer the question since other people reading the thread might have the same question.

Joe, I forgive you ;), you're very helpful. I'm happy because I see that you read not only last page :)

Krzysztof

Krzysztof
I always love your pictures and awesome corals - looking through your thread sure keeps me humble because you are light years ahead of my skills.

Is this Bulb Available in the United States?

If so does anybody know where I can buy them from?

How long have the Bulbs been around for?

Are there any PAR Test Results for them?

I've been trying like H E double hockey sticks to get them in Canada, without success.. I'd LOVE to try them..
Couldn't resist the m.a.s.h reference..

Back