history of lunar's reef

Stunning reef Krzysztof, certainly in the top 3 I have ever seen - congrats! Every coral just seems to 'pop' and I'm sure 99% of reefers are envious of your success!

I assume you're still using hte powermodule so could you share your most recent lighting schedule please?

Amazing!! Questions, do you like running bare bottom better than sand, have you noticed any difference in keeping parameters stable? Are you running the recommended amount of zeostones or a reduced amount?

Stunning as always! Amazing growth.
Any changes in husbandry?
The corals look a bit more rich and saturated than in the past.
Beautiful!

Stunning as always! Amazing growth.
Any changes in husbandry?
The corals look a bit more rich and saturated than in the past.
Beautiful!

Thanks, Matt.
One change - after years of balling method I decided to try calcreactor again. Furthermore, I'm going to change a glass in January.

Krzysztof

Thanks, Matt.
One change - after years of balling method I decided to try calcreactor again. Furthermore, I'm going to change a glass in January.

Krzysztof

Interesting change indeed. Keep update this page when you can.
Always a pleasure to check out your post. :thumbsup:

I'm putting an older and the latest together to show the growth. Amazing, absolutely amazing. That big fat one at the lower right, above the white fish in the latest photo. What it that?

210802d5-b7c6-4003-a575-130a7614f2bd.jpg

kt_1.jpg

I think that a good thing is to make a brief summary of my system. So, I have been using DVH biopellets for about six years, firstly np reducing biopellets, then aio and now I came back to np reducing biopellets. I add biogro 123 marine bacteria and once in a while Colombo bacteria after each change water (w.c. about 10% weekly). My tank has been bare bottom for about two years. I used to have something like balling method but I came back to calcium reactor several months ago and added also mixer with limewater. There are real reef rocks in my tank. Lighting, of course ATI 10 x powermodule with 4 channels. T 5 combo: blue plus, coral plus, ultra royal blue, blue plus, giesemann pink, aquablue sp.,blue plus, ultra royal blue, coral plus, blue plus. Salt, microelements and aminoacids from Colombo - don't confuse with Colombo lieutenant ;-). I feed my fish twice daily, corals twice weekly. Think that's all.

Krzysztof

I'm jealous of this color hopefully my tank can strive to look this nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the best tanks I ever seen
From where are you getting the ultra royal blue bulbs ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that a good thing is to make a brief summary of my system. So, I have been using DVH biopellets for about six years, firstly np reducing biopellets, then aio and now I came back to np reducing biopellets. I add biogro 123 marine bacteria and once in a while Colombo bacteria after each change water (w.c. about 10% weekly). My tank has been bare bottom for about two years. I used to have something like balling method but I came back to calcium reactor several months ago and added also mixer with limewater. There are real reef rocks in my tank. Lighting, of course ATI 10 x powermodule with 4 channels. T 5 combo: blue plus, coral plus, ultra royal blue, blue plus, giesemann pink, aquablue sp.,blue plus, ultra royal blue, coral plus, blue plus. Salt, microelements and aminoacids from Colombo - don't confuse with Colombo lieutenant ;-). I feed my fish twice daily, corals twice weekly. Think that's all.

Krzysztof

Thanks for the info.
Couple questions.
What are the photoperiods for the 4 light channels?
How much biopellets and where do your N and P usually stay?

I love it all but I am still hung up on that yellow acro the most, so hard to find and even harder to keep.

Back