Home Reef Videos..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6366228#post6366228 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MaryBebo
Good luck getting info on how to post video's . I still don't know how and I have spent Hours trying to get it to work and No luck in getting help.

1- Get camera (digital normally connects directly to your PC, Analog will need some device in between before connecting to PC)

2- Have a connection from your camera to your PC ( normally by Firewire or USB port depending on witch camera)

3- You will need software to edit what you recorded and turn it in to a file

4-After you are done making a file, you should upload it to a website that will host your file

5- Post a link to that file so we can all check it out.

These are the basics I'm sure others with more experience can add to this

Thank you for some info ...but I can't seem to get it to upload to a web hosting site I have tried Zippyvideos and CNET and it looks like it is uploading then after it does I look to my video's and it doesn't have anything. I have it realplayer and Quicktime and also windows and it doesn't work. I tried to upload form my camera to movie maker on my PC and a thing pops up saying it doesn't recognize the device...So I don't know what else to do.
Again Thank you...I have really tried to do this on my own but no luck.

Mary, when you uploaded the file to zippyvideos, what type of file did you upload? What format or type was it saved as?

To get files off of your camera, plug it into your computer. Now if some software doesn't automatically pop up to ask you how you'd like to save these new files to your harddrive, click on My Computer. You should see an extra 'drive' listed which is your camera's storage media. Double click on that to see the files. You can select all images/video, then Right Click and select "Copy". Now go to your desk top, create a new folder, and open it up. Right click and select Paste. At this point, all images from the camera should be saved to the folder on your desktop.

Next time you are using Microsoft Movie Maker, click on Import Video and go to that folder on your desktop to find the file you want to use.

Hope that helped. I know it sounds convoluted, but if nothing else works, that method should.

I have re-read my post and maybe this might let you know a little more.
I DO have it on my PC in REAL ONE PLAYER also I can watch it in QUICK TIME PLAYER.

Windows Media file says this (Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.)

Movie Maker says(The file C:\Documents and Settings\Mary\My Documents\My Videos\clowns2.mov is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker.)

I took another Video and this came up while I was trying to get it off the camera. Video device was not detected. Please try again and no luck again.
I also have picasa2 on my PC and it shows up there but won't up load to any web hosting site.
I am so sorry to be a bother ...but I am stumped in how to get this done and it bugs me..lol. Like I said I can watch it on the ones mentioned but I can't get them so I can post them online.
If this is more than you want to mess with I understand, but I do appreciate the help :)

Thank You

Mary,

You have to convert the .MOV file to an .avi file for Movie Maker to be able to use it. I use River Past Video Cleaner 6.8.3 to convert my .MOV files to .avi files. You can get the software at....

http://www.riverpast.com/en/prod/videocleaner/index.php

Once you have edited your movie, you will have to render it in another format, which Movie Maker will do. I choose to render all my movies in .wmv format. Windows Media Player plays this format.

Hope that helps :)

I have a total of 3 in my tank. At the top I have a rock anemone,in the middle I have another Orange rock anemone and then a seabea this is the only one that they have hosted with. I also have a leather Coral under the anemone. It looks like one though. My red fire shrimp has hosted with it.
Thanks so much. Maybe tomorrow I will post a video of my whole tank. Now that I can do this. I tell you, I have spent HOURS and HOURS. My hubby thinks I am crazy for the time I have spent trying to figure this out. But after I got the River Post video cleaner it worked.

WOW !!! Beverly Your Web site is Great and your tanks are awesome ! Beautiful :)

Melev, Thank You TOO !!! You all are great in helping me and so many others. I love your Web site too They are so helpful. :)

Mary, so glad you got it to work, I think I was having a hard time following what you were trying to say the problem was. Can't wait to see more now. The anemones are gorgeous, and the film (and tank) are so crystal clear. Looking forward to the full tank!

Well, my vid cam heads definately have needed cleaning (uh, I don't 'think' it's totally my fault the quality is not so great!?!?!) :)

These are my puffer babes again (actually, they're about 4"'s now, growing fast). They were in QT for quite sometime, and something 'startling' happend to one, as you'll see. Now they are moved into their new 75gal FOWLER for about the next 9 months till the next upgrade, or depending how fast they grow.

You can still see the ICH on some of these clips, but, the very VERY near-death days passed over a month ago.

Note, I had to butcher the first song to death as about 99% of it is not suitable for all audiences..I like the background music though. The second song, well, it speaks for itself. Also, if you aren't familiar with porky's, they sleep in caves and such, and rest their chins on rock work. The beginning of the flick shows my litte guy still in kind of slumber-state.

Enjoy :rollface:

Puffer Delights - (ballooning and surviving ich)

Thanks so much for that link Marc! Just interesting stuff, and very nice sounding folks. Some of their vids are huge (one is over 100mb), so I'm going to start it loading and go to bed now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. (oh, btw, they'll outgrow the 75 for sure within 6-9mths I think)

:eek1:

Wow... Go away for a few days and look what's happened.....!! Lots and lots of new videos and new posters..... !!

Nice video of the puffers Amy.. looks like they're recovering great from the ich... I barely noticed any on them...

Nice videos too Mary.... we've got alot of very good folks in this thread that will bend over backwards to help anyone having problems posting videos.... Sorry it took a little time in your case.. Thanks Bev for helping her get them posted.... ;)

I'm still getting organized from the trip back and I brought back some new additions to my 37gal tank from Ohio ( they did quite well being boxed up for almost 24 hours ).... I stopped at an old haunt of mine and picked up three new corals: Colt,GSP and shroom colony and I'll be posting videos of this tank soon ( I'm just now populating it )....

Marc, Great to see you're spending more time here..... I'd like to see some more vids of your tanks and setups.... You're advice and help are much appreciated here.... Oh and by the way, your reputation preceeds you.... I talked with a fella at Byerlys Aquarium ( where I got the corals ) ... he's also a member of RC and I mentioned your name and also told him about this thread... Although he'd not visited this thread yet ( incredible huh..?? )... he new all about you and your website:D YOU DA MAN..!!

Anyway, great stuff guys......

Bob

Great video's everyone, you just gotta love this hobby!

Very Nice Mary, I wish I could keep an anemone for my clowns.

I've been shooting video with my Fuji, but I'm going to borrow a digital camcorder in the near future to see what I can do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back