Home Reef Videos..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Anthony, Mary and RJ :)

Can't believe how hard it was making that video when all I wanted to do was "Snoopy Dance" :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6553532#post6553532 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Beverly
About time, Bob ;) Nice looking angel. Great song :cool:

Thanks Bev... Yea I know it's been a while... Just an FYI for ya about the Angel... I "think" I've finally got the angel to eat something... I tried the scallops and it did not want to eat... I tried frozen brine and it did not want to eat... I sent an email to saltwaterfish.com and they said that they feed Spectrum pellets and live brine... This fish had not eaten anything and I could not find Spectrum locally so I got "Hikari" Marine -S- and put some in the tank today and I saw it going for food at the bottom of the tank.... I'm assuming that it's the pellets that floated to the bottom... The six-line has been eating the whole time... So wish me luck on the angel... It's a very pretty fish and very active in the tank and came to me in very good shape...

Bob

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6553683#post6553683 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishman805
Thanks Bev... Yea I know it's been a while... Just an FYI for ya about the Angel... I "think" I've finally got the angel to eat something... I tried the scallops and it did not want to eat... I tried frozen brine and it did not want to eat...

Bob,

When first introduced, our rusty angel did not want to eat the PE mysis that I normally fed the rest of the tank. But the scallop was instantly eaten by the angel when I put it in. Actually had bought the scallops for the butterfly who didn't eat it the two times I tried.

However! Today I notice the butterfly eating the scallop :) It was kind of funny at first. The angel has become top fish in the tank over the last few days, overtaking the butterfly's status. When the angel first noticed the butterfly eating the scallop, it chased it away and there was much angel displaying and butterfly submissive behaviour. Later in the day, the butterfly was absolutely chowing down on the scallop and the angel wasn't bothering it at all :)

Finally, the butterfly will begin to grow into the fish it was meant to be instead of a fish struggling to get enough to eat from picking at over-picked rock. I'm so happy that the two fish sorted out their dominance issues and that the butterfly is eating like there's no tomorrow :cool:

Good luck with your angel. Hope it begins to eat foods you give it instead of snacking on your corals.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6556194#post6556194 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rjwilson37
Beautiful Angel and an excellant video which gives me some great idea's for a new video.

Thanks Bob!

You're welcome and thanks rj ... Can't wait to see your new video ....

Bev.... I'm glad your angel and butterfly are eating so well... Did you put anything on the scallop to entice the angel to eat it?

Bob

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6556939#post6556939 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishman805
Bev.... I'm glad your angel and butterfly are eating so well... Did you put anything on the scallop to entice the angel to eat it?

Didn't put anything on it. But did cut it in half lengthwise. Then with a very sharp knife, I cut east and west then north and south into the scallop flesh so when I elasticked (is that a word ;) ) the onion mesh over the scored scallop to the rock, flesh poked out of the mesh holes.

The first couple of times with the butterfly, I did not cut into the flesh. I'm sure there is no way the butterfly or angel could pick at the scallop without it being cut up a bit.

Just put the scallop in for this morning. Butterfly was RIGHT there gulping down the food :cool: Yay, butterfly! Should make a new video now :rollface:

Nice vids Beverly and Bob. Beverly, are we allowed such a FUNNNNNNNNN song here?? :)

Any of you guys going to IMAC by chance?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6566707#post6566707 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by avansickle
Beverly, are we allowed such a FUNNNNNNNNN song here?? :)

I sure hope so!! :cool:

Funny how I found that song, too. Husband and I were talking about something and I said, "If that (whatever it was) happened, I'd do the Snoopy Dance!" He didn't know what I was talking about, so I Googled Snoopy Dance and found.....

http://www.darkharbor.com/snoopydance/

Once he heard the music, he knew what I was talking about :rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6566707#post6566707 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by avansickle
Nice vids Beverly and Bob. Beverly, are we allowed such a FUNNNNNNNNN song here?? :)

Any of you guys going to IMAC by chance?

Thanks Amy.... Glad to see ya back.. How soon do we get some new stuff from you??:D

Bob

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6576136#post6576136 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 180large
IF i dont have a digital video camera can i still post vids?

Of course you can..... ANY videos can be posted here... The very first video I ever posted here was made with a digital camera..:)

Bob

Gads, no!

Have three RBTA videos for y'all :)

Re-aquascaped our 67g housing our new RBTA last week. The next day, both tomato clowns were in the RBTA, which was cause for a lengthy scuffle for dominance.....

Tomato Clowns Dominance Issues, January 21, 2006 WARNING: Some violent content
(320 x 240 pixels, 24.9 MB, 5:22 minutes)

Here is the full RBTA feeding sequence from that day....

Feeding RBTA, January 21, 2006
(320 x 240 pixels, 5.7 MB, 1:28 minutes)

Another RBTA feeding sequence a week later....

Feeding RBTA, January 26, 2006
(320 x 240 pixels, 9.3 MB, 2:11 minutes)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6625027#post6625027 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishman805
Dang Bev..... That was a heck of a battle..... Who won??

Bob,

The tomato that won was in the RBTA in the latter part of the video ;)

It was very difficult to make that video :( Watching it over and over while editing was brutal on my psyche. At one point I told myself that I wasn't going to finish it. Then I remembered I had lots of video of the outcome where both tomatoes were at peace with each other, so I did a "Tigahboy" and finished the thing.

And I finished another one this morning....

Our GBTA split over the weekend. Shot the video on Sunday, the day after we realized it had really split. Really threw us for a loop since it was only 7" across .....

GBTA Splits January 29, 2006
(320 x 240 pixels, 8.7 MB, 1:58 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back