Home Reef Videos..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're doing such great work! So many things impress me, number one is what a hugely great mom you are to the anemones. The feeding is so gentle and compassionate. That video was so wonderful.

Then, enduring the war, the patience to let nature take it's course, I think I would have intervened, wrongfully, and tried to separate them.

The videos are beautiful quality, as usual, and I am SO GLAD you used 'Send in the Clowns'. Months ago I was going to use the Bette Midler version (or Streisand??), it is just simply wonderful song.

Keep 'em coming!

Bob, I have been lame about the blenny babe. There are 2 places, and both I worry about if you don't have a QT. This weekend I'll see what options there are and let you know.

Very nice video Bev.....:thumbsup: Congrats on the new addition....

An update on the Angel.... He never seemed to go for the scallop or frozen foods but is eating pellet food ( Spectrum ) and is doing very well.... The Huge brittle star that I've got in my 150gal is getting all of the scallop now....:p

Bob

Thanks, everyone, for your gracious words :)

Amy,

There is nothing to be done when clowns are establishing their pecking order, and tomato clowns are one of the more aggressive species.

Since that video was shot, they've been going through stages where only the "boss" tomato (sounds like something from those old crime movies :D ) can go into the RBTA. Then there are days when both are in it, and there is little to no scrapping. Today, we're back to the boss only in the RBTA. Sheeesh!! Make up your minds, already :rolleyes:

Bob,

Good to hear you have your dwarf angel deating well :)

Am a little concerned to hear that a large brittle star is getting such huge meals :eek1: They can get very agressive toward other animals in your tank. Don't be surprised if fish or inverts start going missing :( Have never been a fan of large brittle stars for that reason.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6659465#post6659465 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Beverly
Thanks, everyone, for your gracious words :)

Bob,

Good to hear you have your dwarf angel deating well :)

Am a little concerned to hear that a large brittle star is getting such huge meals :eek1: They can get very agressive toward other animals in your tank. Don't be surprised if fish or inverts start going missing :( Have never been a fan of large brittle stars for that reason.

:lol: Not to worry Bev... the brittle star has been in the tank for almost a year now.... and my wife calls him: "Mister Arms"... In my tank, he gets the royal treatment and is hand fed at least once a week.... I have no worries about what or "who" he's going to eat.. IMO, he's a staple in my tank and deserves anything he can get... It's really kinda off funny ( in a way ) .. I was kind of concerned about feeding him too much food.. but now, he can take a whole shrimp... ( shelled and de-viened of course...lol ).. I only wish I could get him on video.... He's one of those critters ( like your snails ) that you can fixate on.... I'd really be upset if he died on me....

He was one of the first ( of not the only ) invert that survived in my "new" SW tank.... so long ago....

Bob

By the way folks.... My lovely wife ( Tammie) decided that she wanted to make a video.. She shot some footage of all of "my" tanks ( lol ) and so.. wants me to post it for all to see... I have yet to find the right music for it...."BUT".. be on the look out, :D

Bob

Re: My new Bluethroat Trigger!

Re: My new Bluethroat Trigger!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6662857#post6662857 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GMGQ
This fish was very high on my wish list, and I finally got one tonight!!

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7967893773578506/btt1/

Very nice.... I ordered a male/female pair yesterday from marinedepot and they should be getting here on the 7th..... Yours looks very healthy....

Bob

Just a quick blurb here for everyone that's checking and posting to this thread..... Marc aka "melev" has a really cool website called:

Reefcast.com

This site is a "pod-cast" site and you can download their "shows" to your computer or i-pod for later playback.... They've got two episodes available for download right now and it's really cool
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm also very honored that they mentioned this thread on their show and highlited a few of the videos that really got their attention... I believe that they will continue to do so from time to time so keep the videos comming and perhaps yours will be mentioned on a future show....

I'd also like to add that these two fellas ( quicksilver and melev ) do a great job and cover alot of interesting subjects for all levels of the reefkeeping hobby...

I highly recommend checking them out... www.reefcast.com

Bob

Bluethroat Triggers are considered Reef Safe. I think Saragassum Triggers are also considered Reef Safe. But of course, there are always the odd ones that go against the grain.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6666342#post6666342 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bheron
GMGQ - I didnt think triggers were reef safe?

Re: Re: My new Bluethroat Trigger!

Re: Re: My new Bluethroat Trigger!

My 70gal can only handle one trigger. You're gonna love yours! I held out for a male one.

Be sure to acclimate SLOWLY and make sure the salinity matches before you put them in your tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6663029#post6663029 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishman805
Very nice.... I ordered a male/female pair yesterday from marinedepot and they should be getting here on the 7th..... Yours looks very healthy....

Bob

not to get off subject with this, but thats good to hear. Always thought all triggers, in general, were not reef safe. cool!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6668910#post6668910 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bheron
not to get off subject with this, but thats good to hear. Always thought all triggers, in general, were not reef safe. cool!

They are not generally considered safe in the reef... But there are some that are considered safe "with caution" .. The niger and the blue throat are among them..... Besides, I'm not running my 150gal as a reef... It's ROWLR:)

Bob

Worm?

Worm?

Here's a video of something I've never seen before. This guy is about 3/16" thick and as far as I can tell at least a couple inches long. You can see it open it's mouth wide open. WEIRD!
Worm or whatever vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back