Home Reef Videos..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich,

Speaking of snails, I have the BEST song, by the Bangles, for another snail video :D Just waiting for the right time to catch the little sweeties in action :rollface:

Scott,

Much better sharpness in the last video.

Nice video Beverly... Very relaxing... My xenia seems to be hit or miss... Sometimes it grows and sometimes it dies back .. It's trying to compete with some aiptasia on the same rock:rolleyes: I noticed that the coraline in your tank seems to hit a line at the top of your tank and stops .... Looked kinda strange..... Anyway, nice video...

Scott,

Your last video was much sharper.... I liked it and loved the GSP carpet you've got growing in there... that's a sweet tank... and your daughter was the icing on the cake for the video ... :thumbsup: Keep them coming....

Bob

By the way folks, I'm going to be working up a video of the 150gal tank showing off the new additions... A pair of Blue Throat Triggers and my Copper Band Butterfly.....

Bob

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6783324#post6783324 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishman805
My xenia seems to be hit or miss... Sometimes it grows and sometimes it dies back .. It's trying to compete with some aiptasia on the same rock:rolleyes: I noticed that the coraline in your tank seems to hit a line at the top of your tank and stops .... Looked kinda strange..... Anyway, nice video...

Bob,

Thanks for the kind words :)

I think the coralline grows to that height only because that's how much water we take out during our weekly water changes. It's the same in our other two tanks as well.

Getting rid of aptasia is vital. If you don't get rid of it, it will spread all over your tank. I use a needle tipped syringe and inject 1-2 ml of vinegar into each aptasia I find in my tanks. Kills them dead almost instantly. The acidity of the vinegar is a sure killer. You could also try injecting kalk, though I have not done this and cannot vouch for its efficacy.

Looking forward to your new video :)

Hello all!

Its been awhile since i have posted a new video, i wanted to wait a bit while things were progressing along but this clip i have a question about.

Mandarins.... This vid is in the "dirty cave" area in my tank. The female's belly is very swollen. Her and the male "dance" every night beginning about 20 min before "lights out" this has happened every night for a week. the male will actually lift her 60% out of the water during this, really neat stuff! As you can see the male is good size, he looked so pathetically thin that i couldn't walk away from him at a LFS.

http://cjszoo.com/video/Mand.avi **"save as"**

FYI - both eat great, they were in very bad shape when i got them. I got them eating brine in the QT then moved to mysis, now they eat any pellet or flake that stays long enough from them to get it.
**Marc, I have tried your olive jar trick but they wont go in!

Is she swollen with eggs or is she just FAT!? Has anyone ever successfully reared the fry?

Thanks,
Chris

You might try an orange juice jar instead. They have a small opening but more room to turn around. My blue mandarin went into the Diner the other day to eat, but freaked out that it couldn't turn around. You'd think it would just back up, but it didn't.

The opening needs to be right at the sand's surface, so they can glide in easily. Having some food like bread crumbs leading into the jar and then inside the jar going to the motherload might help. That's tough to pull off, but I've done this in the past.

Going to check out your video now. EDIT: Nice video. I'm amazed that the AVI file wasn't huge, until I saw you made it a Divx. I need to look into that!

Your mandarin looks swollen and might be carrying eggs. Both look well fed. Good job.

Last edited:
lol... thanks Marc!

Ill try that. Let me know what you think on the vid. She is kinda worrying me because she has ballooned up.

Yes.... my camera outputs into .mov. I then compile mulitple clips if needed splice and such then encode as an uncommpressed avi.

I then use DivX 6 to encode.

So you think eggs too huh? Has anyone ever been successfull?

Thanks!

There is a person in the New Jersey area that goes by TeakieBarber here on RC, and she was trying to raise them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6783559#post6783559 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Beverly
Bob,

Thanks for the kind words :)

Getting rid of aptasia is vital. If you don't get rid of it, it will spread all over your tank. I use a needle tipped syringe and inject 1-2 ml of vinegar into each aptasia I find in my tanks. Kills them dead almost instantly. The acidity of the vinegar is a sure killer. You could also try injecting kalk, though I have not done this and cannot vouch for its efficacy.

Looking forward to your new video :)

You're welcome and as far as the aiptasia..? I've tried Joes Juice ( twice ) and now I've added some peppermint shrimp "AND" a Copper Band Buterfly.... Seems like it's getting under control... We'll see.... ;)

Bob

Hey all I know I havent posted in forever. I was banned for a few months and have since had my account re-instated. I am currently without a tank, but I am working on a 20H. If I get unlazy I met plumb it up this weekend and get it wet soon.

Also for those of you needing hosting PM me, I have 1tb (yes terabyte) of bandwidth a month. If your file is less than 7mb in size you can make an account at my site and host it directly, if it is greater than 7mb you will have to PM me and we can get it up.

My site www.reefbucket.com

HD Video

HD Video

I am working on post the video in a codec that everyone can view. The Cineform decoder that I normally use is not free to download so I need to find a good compression codec to use. This is kind of new territory for me I have never tried to prepare HD video for web distribution. I am working on it however. H.263 is what I am trying right now. Probably going to need a powerful machine to view it though.

Scott

Re: HD Video

Re: HD Video

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6818951#post6818951 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bosborn1
I am working on post the video in a codec that everyone can view. The Cineform decoder that I normally use is not free to download so I need to find a good compression codec to use. This is kind of new territory for me I have never tried to prepare HD video for web distribution. I am working on it however. H.263 is what I am trying right now. Probably going to need a powerful machine to view it though.

Scott

You're teasing us here Scott.... but if it's horsepower we'll need, I've got it ..... So get the video posted ASAP...:D

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back