Home Reef Videos..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks it was my first time taking video of the tank. I will be doing other video's of the fish later.

Tank is 300g dual pane Starphire. Built in wall room divider to separate the living room and dining room.

Sump and all pumps in basement. Running 2 CL. One with a Seq Hammerhead outputting to a OM 4-way with all 1.5" outputs. Second CL is a Gen-X PCX-55Hp pump driving 2 penductors. Return pump is a Gen-X PCX-40 in basement with 1.5" pipping. Sump is 75g with YES A WET DRY for added filtration. Skimmer is a 42.5" tall 8" dia dual Beckett driving the beast are 2 Gen-X PCX40's one for each injector. I run a 40w UV with a very slow flow rate around 400g/hr. I run a ozone gen 250mg/hr I keep the ORP within 380-415mv. For lighting I run 3 250W 14K coralVue pendents and bulbs. IceCap 660 ballast driving 4 48" URI actinic plus VHO's. I do 50g water changes every 2-4 Weeks. Dose with kalk and add mg and Ca. Tank is one year old this month.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7073190#post7073190 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hdtvguy
Thanks it was my first time taking video of the tank. I will be doing other video's of the fish later.

Tank is 300g dual pane Starphire. Built in wall room divider to separate the living room and dining room.

Sump and all pumps in basement. Running 2 CL. One with a Seq Hammerhead outputting to a OM 4-way with all 1.5" outputs. Second CL is a Gen-X PCX-55Hp pump driving 2 penductors. Return pump is a Gen-X PCX-40 in basement with 1.5" pipping. Sump is 75g with YES A WET DRY for added filtration. Skimmer is a 42.5" tall 8" dia dual Beckett driving the beast are 2 Gen-X PCX40's one for each injector. I run a 40w UV with a very slow flow rate around 400g/hr. I run a ozone gen 250mg/hr I keep the ORP within 380-415mv. For lighting I run 3 250W 14K coralVue pendents and bulbs. IceCap 660 ballast driving 4 48" URI actinic plus VHO's. I do 50g water changes every 2-4 Weeks. Dose with kalk and add mg and Ca. Tank is one year old this month.

I see nothing wrong with any of that.... It's very obvious that it's working for you and you're not really running a reef anyway.... Excellant job on your first video... I very much look forward to others .....

Bob

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7076273#post7076273 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishman805
I see nothing wrong with any of that.... It's very obvious that it's working for you and you're not really running a reef anyway.... Excellant job on your first video... I very much look forward to others .....

Bob

True not sure if I could get away without running the wet dry? I just have it for added filtration. The fish I have produce allot of waste like a baby LOL. My Nitrates are not high at all in the tank. The corals and the Magnifica I have in the tank do not seem to mind it one bit.

rjwilson37

Thanks yes I have a good mix of large fish in the tank. My clown Tang being the biggest but my French Angel has put on some major size the last 3-4 months.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7080486#post7080486 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hdtvguy
True not sure if I could get away without running the wet dry?

I would not chance removing the wet/dry this late in the game.... Your tank has been established using it and I think you'd run into problems taking it out.... Besides, if your nitrates are in check even with it going, it's doing no harm....:)

Bob

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7090596#post7090596 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kevin McG
I can't seem to be able view those movies tou have posted. I have tried opening them with mdia player as well as quicktime with no luck :(

Nevermind I tried another viewer :)

Very nice vid!!!

Awesome video and incredible collection of fish hdtvguy...I loved it, especially the Trigger taking a chunk of seeweed !!!

Thanks all

My clown trigger mostly eats only seaweed sheets I feed a high quality red/green sheets. I feed the tank 3-4 sheets a day of the stuff.

jawwad19,

LOL so are you going FOWLR route? I just love fish to much in a tank rather then stocking it with corals.

I dont know yet. My family and I will be moving, and we will be having a 325gallon display built into the wall as a room divider. You really make that fowlr look damn sweet!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7093497#post7093497 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jawwad19
You really make that fowlr look damn sweet!

That's an understatement....:) Very nice job again on the HiDef your tank is incredible.......

I'd also like to thank "spiffyguy" for his video..... I enjoyed it..:thumbsup:

Keep the videos coming folks...... We're still going strong but it seems we're losing some core folks......:( ( I hope not )

Bob

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7109035#post7109035 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by olemos
Chrismo, I really enjoy the videos you have on your site:thumbsup:
Keep up the good work :)

You said a mouthful there olemos.... The only problem I see with your website Chris is that you don't have ENOUGH videos.....:) You've really got a good thing going there and I'm glad that you've kept us up to date here in this thread....:thumbsup:

Thanks again

Bob

Thanks. It's hard getting 2 out a week. I think I'm averaging around 1.5 a week? It sucks having a real job :)

Yup, so far they are all tanks from Canada (Toronto Area.) I think the farthest I drove was 40 minutes.? The majority of people in Toronto are from other parts of the world, which is cool. It makes people think my videos are international!

I think next time I go travelling I might set up some video shoots. It seems silly to just have toronto tanks. I got lucky when Anthony Calfo came to town. What a nice guy he is.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back