How is everybody?

I'm doing OK Dave. I lost my house. The folks that owned it lost it due to filing for bankruptcy. I moved in with my sister and my wife and kids moved in with her mom and dad. I still have no tank. How are you and your family doing? I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't talked to anyone from this club in forever it feels like. I guess there is no club huh.

i still have a tank. but its planted and fresh water. i keep looking on here every now and then hoping dave might have a get together at his house so i can admire a salt tank again. other than that all is well. baby is getting big and keeping me busy.

I'd love to have a "meeting". How is the planted tank going? You guys let me know when a good time is.

I swapped the "reef" tank at work out for a FW planted tank as well. I like it a lot better. Fish are cheaper to replace and don't die as often, and maintenance is near zero as long as long I keep it balanced. Maintenance was near zero on the other one too, but this one actually looks good, lol.

You guys need to get into RC racing :D Its the new thing these days :p

I have been seriously considering a planted aquarium myself. Did you go high tech or low tech Landon. BTW, If you guys are interested in coming over next Sat, that would work for me.

I'm still around and I still have my tank. Maybe I can swing that way if you guys have a "meeting".

Chad- did u sell all your equipment?

I'm still around too! Just getting settled into a new place in Surfside now. The wife and i went our seperate ways for good. I have my two girls 14 days a month. I set up my tank already and its cycling now. Before long, hopefully i will get my tank back together and stocked before long. Anyone looking to get rid of anything? At this point all i have in it is water and base rock..... 220 watts of power compact lighting.

well you can see how often i check in. i missed your proposed meeting by 2 weeks.

rick i still have a few things worth having, but i have a 5*10 enclosed trailer full of odds and end i just cant seem to throw away.

maybe what we all should do is trade phone numbers that way when a get together is scheduled we all know about it. I have been on this forum for 2 years and always manage to miss the meets. Either i dont know about em till the last minute, i dont get on here enought to know, or its just after you had it when i hear about it........:hmm5:

You don't know about them because they don't exist:) We haven't had a meeting since Stephen left Coastline. There is a new club that has a discussion board on Carolina Fish Talk.

Timmy. Whats up buddy. Been a long time. How the hell have you been. From the sound of things i don't think any one here has aquariums anymore. I feel like when i got let go from pet store everyone got out of hobby. I know that's not true but that's the way it feel's. Talk at ya later buddy.

i just converted my 10g w/ 10 g sump (Fish only) into a 46g bowfront w/ same sump (reef)
Started to stock on zoa's. didnt know there was a section for myrtlebeach until now. cheers:beer:

was hoping to trade frags eventually instead of ordering online

picture.php

Last edited:
I have been seriously considering a planted aquarium myself. Did you go high tech or low tech Landon. BTW, If you guys are interested in coming over next Sat, that would work for me.

I went lo-tech Dave. Its got PC lighting, and no CO2. I like a lot of the lower grade plants, so I don't need anything fancy to keep them looking decent :D It's a little tall, so the plants on the bottom are growing really slow. Its cool though, as I am not into pruning, so slo-gro is the way for me :D

was hoping to trade frags eventually instead of ordering online

Nice looking tank! I am into zoas as well, so when I get my tank going again, I will be interested in trading with ya.

FWIW, I am as close as I have ever been at setting this tank up finally! I don't like throwing out dates, but I might have a reef tank in 2011 ;) :D

Dave do you still have your large reef tank?

I tried to post a picture up but no matter what i do it fails to download. O well my 120g is coming along. Started using bio pellets

Back