How many people visit this forum?

If you do decide to make a pseudo page, please message me otherwise it will get ignored. True, it's not the same as here, it is growing fast and showing potential. I wouldn't encourage any one to go where they wouldn't want to put their knowledge of the hobby to help the newbies. That's the thing here in tucson, I've only been doing this hobby for @6years and have seen the politics and the splitting of different groups of people because of it. It would be nice to see everyone who has the love for this hobby come together and help it grow, in return the lfs stores here would have good business and grow themselves. Just a thought, take it however you like!

yep, that's my problem too. I'm a network security engineer and currently facebook is the most insecure, vulnerable thing anyone can participate in. I'll stick it out with rc. In all honesty, i spend most my time in other forums learning and collaborating about the hobby so i'm good here. The diy stuff on lighting and filtration are incredibly interesting.

+1
+1

I'm all for helping the new people, we need to train them up so we can have more SPS people to play with :)

I have never seen anybody be anything but welcoming to new people. Some fights over local shops, but nothing that would seem unwelcoming to noobs.

And we definitely need mas SPS in the old Pueblo.

More sps corals yes indeed! I know this would be another thread but maybe sometime this year we could consider doing another group buy through cherry corals or battlecorals. I mean who doesn't like new frags in their tank. I know for sure that I could use some more. :)

:wave: I am in Green Valley.

With the exception of two individuals everyone one else I have dealt with in the area has been warm and welcoming.

Sometimes when dealing with new hobbyist I notice experienced hobbyist speak the jargon, the language of the hobby, it can be a little intimidating to someone just trying to pick up the basics of the hobby.

Perhaps a New Hobbyist section will make newbies feel more comfortable.

I love to talk shop but I am shy, so I'll try to be more forthcoming.

:beer:

I think for the most part this community has always been pretty welcoming. The idea of a club has always been a touchy topic due to a few people all of which aren't really around anymore. It's crazy to see how many people posted in this thread, just goes to show there's more people in this town with tanks than I thought. I'm still not sure the interest is out there but I'm in if there's enough people. I think the Facebook page is awesome and was a great idea too.

Viet, I'm in on a group buy.

So my participation has high tides and low tides, depending on what else is going on in my life. But I love to see new posts whenever I do and I tend to get hooked in - just like now. And argh, FB is the devil!!

we should all get together some evening, hang out, look at a tank, drink some beer. I haven't met anyone f2f.
-J

Heck, I'd make the drive to Tucson to participate in that! Sounds like a good time and great opportunity to meet our fellow reefers.

I love doing the FB swaps but it would be cool to do some somewhere else too once in a while. We should also go join the Phoenix guys up there once in a while. Be cool to have our own chapter and join up with those guys from time to time.

Great idea Brett!!! I'm in !! I have been a lurker for the past couple of months due my son being born 2 weeks early !! Located in Oro Valley..

Great idea Brett!!! I'm in !! I have been a lurker for the past couple of months due my son being born 2 weeks early !! Located in Oro Valley..

Congratulations on the baby! I have been wondering where you have been. I hope that baby and mom are both healthy!

Congratulations on the baby! I have been wondering where you have been. I hope that baby and mom are both healthy!

Thanks Dan. Baby and mom are both doing fine. I can't believe my son is already 4 months old !! Man time flew by. I can tell you one thing he's a reef enthusist for sure.. He loves watching the fish swim and the different colors in the tank.

Back