How rare is this?

I wish I would have started reading this thread months ago, Thanks Lewy for sharing with us!

Sounds like reef tours may be in your future, there is about to be a mass exodus to Australia for reef afficionados.

When should we expect to see a video documentary on one of your outings? Keep it up brother!

Amazing thread! Thank you for sharing.

I give you alot of credit for not harvesting a lot. It would be challenging for a saltwater addict like myself to not bring 50 buckets with me! I'm glad you have a respect for the habitat and the creatures that live there. :thumbsup:

Here you go. Some bad photos of the tank.

tank.jpg~original

Millepora (my favourite)
Millipora.jpg~original

Crocea
Crocea.jpg~original

Toxic hammer
hammer.jpg~original

Yellow sps
yellow.jpg~original

Last edited:
Really nice tank. I don't know if this was asked already, but have you ever tested the water params around the tide pools ?

Yes, you do have a great looking tank... I couldn't help myself if I lived near those tide pools! I have a piece of everything! And free water changes!

I would love to see a picture of this last Maxima, in all of it's glory, in your tank. Prety please. You do have a very nice tank.
11092010816.jpg

I guess the Maxima you talk about (60 mm Maxima) was the avatar. I don't think I was the only one who though that slug was a clam. Now that you said that it is a slug, I can see the two eye stalks near one of the end. I wanted "that clam" so bad. :) :)
Thanks

When I saw tridacnids when I was in Australia many years ago they looked EXACTLY like that - just the mantle protuding out of a hole in the rock. I thought they looked like slugs. :lol: Except these were slugs that would never move, and disappear if you waved your hands over top of them.

I read the first ten pages of this thread this weekend and when I tried to come back to the thread to continue reading I couldnt find it. This is an amaizing thread and now that I have found it again I figured I would put my two cents in so I could easily find it and continue reading.

I would love to live where you live, My wife would never find me.

Back