How rare is this?

Time for an update me thinks. Ultra low tide this weekend of 0.09m.
So we were able to venture out a bit further.

Huge outcrop of Brain corals.
BrainOutcrop.jpg~original

Another of Gonis.
Gonioutcrop.jpg~original

Lobo outcrop.
Lobooutcrop.jpg~original

Huge bommie full of anemones.
NemRock.jpg~original

Nice yellow tipped sps.
Yellowacro01.jpg~original

Very nice fluorescent green sps.
Fluroacro.jpg~original

Last edited:
Look how the corals adapt to the rough weather.

This plate coral had been flipped upside down and the top (now bottom) had died.
PlateTop.jpg~original

But the bottom which is now on top is growing. You can see the edges curling around. Absolutely incredible!
PlateBottom.jpg~original

Last edited:
Cool pic of a deflating Goni.
DeflatedGoni.jpg~original

This is very cool. It looked like a very delicate sponge coral. But is in fact a hard coral. Any idea of what it is?

I love the intricate details. Almost like lacework.
HardCoral.jpg~original

Last edited:
WOW. That last one is really a beaut. Never seen anything like that. Not even in publication. If you discovered something new, most likely not I know, you can name it after yourself.

As always, awesome photos!!! :thumbsup:

At the left of the deflating goni, those fine sticks look like some kind of bird nest or those are algae?

I posted in this thread in February, and here I am again, coming back to thank you for the pictures once more. Thanks!

Lewy I just have to say folowing your posts are so much fun. I look foward to your next post / pics !

I live in northern wisconsin in the us and all/any of your pics are just awsome.:thumbsup:

Continue to make your postes. You have another dedicated veiwer :bigeyes:

Wow this thread is absolutely AMAZING! I joined this site just to comment on what a lucky guy you are. I absolutely ENVY you that you have that so close to you. I wish the ocean looked like that over here in New England :( I don't think I would ever go home LOL. That's so awesome how you don't take everything home by the way. I love to see some people actually not taking advantage of things like this. VERY COOL THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pictures! I would love to visit one day. It amazing how much we spend in time, effort and money to keep corals in our cubes and yet look at the abuse they get in their habitat.

Random acros.
Acro_01.jpg

^^^ Says something about the comparative health of our ecosystems; you've got Acros growing in the trenches while we in South Florida and the Caribbean are struggling to maintain/restore our Acros. Share your secret? I promise not to tell, although you might notice a totally non-related breakthrough in Acro growth and abundance studies at Nova Southeastern University :spin1:

This is the greatest thread I have ever seen, no contest.

Thank you so much, please keep the pics coming!

Back