if money wasnt an issue, what is the one fish you would get?

Here is the personatus currently (and temporarily) residing at the House of Fins in Greenwich, CT.

Hof-Genecanthus-Personatus.jpg

Here is a photo of the personatus but already sold
a3d8d50b.jpg

I do not know the owner

The buyer of this fish has an insane collection of fish... unfortunately that no one will ever see... but this little girl will have some ridiculous tankmates... and (almost needless to say) the buyer bought this fish the way we buy the morning paper...

I would definately say a black tang, We have one at inland aquatics (where I work) and I am in love with that fish, next in line which isnt that expensive which I will be getting one eventually is a regal angel

The buyer of this fish has an insane collection of fish... unfortunately that no one will ever see... but this little girl will have some ridiculous tankmates... and (almost needless to say) the buyer bought this fish the way we buy the morning paper...

Do you know where the pesonatus was caught in Oahu and how deep the pair from kauai was at, do you know what other amazing fish he has and do you have any pics of them?

Last edited:
They've never found a ballinae/ conspicillatus hybrid, but they must exist... conspics hybridize with meredithi and ballinae appears to be more closely related... we can all dream...

Knowing some of what's out there just off the coast and how often we see sexually mature Conspics right on the coast near Ballina, I'd say you may well be correct in this assumption. We've got plenty of oddities in the waters right nearby...

Now, wouldn't that be the talk of the town? Ballinae are crazy enough as it stands, let alone a hybrid one... :D

Knowing some of what's out there just off the coast and how often we see sexually mature Conspics right on the coast near Ballina, I'd say you may well be correct in this assumption. We've got plenty of oddities in the waters right nearby...

Now, wouldn't that be the talk of the town? Ballinae are crazy enough as it stands, let alone a hybrid one... :D

From what I understand it is illegal only to collect in new south wales ballina angels
So if one is collected from Queensland it is legal ( I know a guy that can dive 120m with a decompression chamber ):spin1:

From what I understand it is illegal only to collect in new south wales ballina angels
So if one is collected from Queensland it is legal ( I know a guy that can dive 120m with a decompression chamber ):spin1:

Collection in NSW is legal in certain cases, but it does require licencing and has strict guidelines insofar as I'm aware. At least, that's what buddies from Sydney have broken it down as. In Queensland we're fine to collect things within certain size ranges and certain "green zones" up to a bag limit for a given species... there's plenty of people picking their own Conspics just off the coast. I'm not sure how the NSW protection status affects us federally though, unfortunately.

That having been said, Ball's Pyramid is a fair whack off the coast anyway... :spin2:

Copps- thanks for background of the new personatus...go to House of Fins all the time...nice to see them get it...I lived on Kauai for a full year...and only saw 2 Personatus- they were off Poipu...
It go for around 10k right? Be so nice in my new 700...

Collection in NSW is legal in certain cases, but it does require licencing and has strict guidelines insofar as I'm aware. At least, that's what buddies from Sydney have broken it down as. In Queensland we're fine to collect things within certain size ranges and certain "green zones" up to a bag limit for a given species... there's plenty of people picking their own Conspics just off the coast. I'm not sure how the NSW protection status affects us federally though, unfortunately.

That having been said, Ball's Pyramid is a fair whack off the coast anyway... :spin2:

but bellina falls under protected list..isn't it..?

but bellina falls under protected list..isn't it..?

Have a look at the link in my earlier post thy are only illegal to collect in new south wales

(but all the places thy have been seen is in the north of new south wales so there are a chance that there will be sum deep in Queensland then it will be leagal but at deep water )

Back