If You Are New to Reef Central, Introduce Yourself Here!

HI, we are James and Tammy, we have been failing at salt water tanks for 10 years.....WE have just retired from 30 years of naval service and now have the time to do this right. so hoping to bend your ears ALOT at first and then hopefully we can contribute...thanks!

Attachments

• 20230202_221431.jpg
    20230202_221431.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230202_221420.jpg
    20230202_221420.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230202_221406.jpg
    20230202_221406.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
It's been many years since I've been to RC, so I had to create a new account today. My wife and I have spent many years in the hobby. Our current setup is a 180 gallon and a 37 gallon. We're planning to downsize soon, so I'm seeking out ideas and advice. I look forward to insight from the group.

Hey all! Been out of the hobby for about a decade now. Jumping in feet first with a 180 display with 3 Radion Gen 3's, 100 sump, 75 frag with a Radion Gen 2 and 150 stock tank full of LR. Man things have changed a lot! Pumps are the same but lights have sure come along. Looks like nobody is running MH anymore and LED is the way to go? Tank will be set up and running in a couple months.

Hey all! Been out of the hobby for about a decade now. Jumping in feet first with a 180 display with 3 Radion Gen 3's, 100 sump, 75 frag with a Radion Gen 2 and 150 stock tank full of LR. Man things have changed a lot! Pumps are the same but lights have sure come along. Looks like nobody is running MH anymore and LED is the way to go? Tank will be set up and running in a couple months.
Welcome back to the hobby! Metal halide is still around just much harder to come by. LED is much more prevalent and the improvements have been significant

Welcome back. I’m running 175w MH and LED actinics over my tank. But it’s getting harder and harder to find bulbs, ballasts and fixtures.

Hello

I'm Miguel, a Portuguese reef enthusiast that had been away from the hobby for a long time. Since my return, I've kept a marine aquarium for about a year and a half. I missed this threat and already posted some doubts 😅
Hope I can share my enthusiasm and get some help and tips from the pros ;)

Cheers

Hello

I'm Miguel, a Portuguese reef enthusiast that had been away from the hobby for a long time. Since my return, I've kept a marine aquarium for about a year and a half. I missed this threat and already posted some doubts 😅
Hope I can share my enthusiasm and get some help and tips from the pros ;)

Cheers
Welcome Miguel.

Back