If You Are New to Reef Central, Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi I’m Karen (not THAT Karen) and I was a member years ago around 2009 when I lived in Florida and had a biocube nano reef. I had to leave the hobby for years, but now I’m living in Wisconsin and have the itch again, so I’m back, but I feel like I’m essentially starting all over as a noob.

I’d really like to keep another nano reef and I’m thinking of using the 15g innovative marine tank as my starting point. I’m looking forward to learning how much has changed and coming back to this hobby with more free time and patience and really getting better at being more precise with my tank.

Hi I’m Karen (not THAT Karen) and I was a member years ago around 2009 when I lived in Florida and had a biocube nano reef. I had to leave the hobby for years, but now I’m living in Wisconsin and have the itch again, so I’m back, but I feel like I’m essentially starting all over as a noob.

I’d really like to keep another nano reef and I’m thinking of using the 15g innovative marine tank as my starting point. I’m looking forward to learning how much has changed and coming back to this hobby with more free time and patience and really getting better at being more precise with my tank.
Welcome back! A lot has changed over the years. Definitely let us know if you have any questions.

Been a member since 2015, but mostly just a creeper on all forums since 2010. Now that alot of the riff raff has moved on to the other place, I figured I'd be more active. RC is always a great resource for 10, 20 year old topics. As much as we all think @Paul B is a nutcase, I do use ozone in a similar fashion. Set to a desired level and leave it alone. Ignore ORP as rhw probes are just so imprecise, short lived, and some controllers don't even allow calibration. On top of that, the "ideal 400mv" is sort of pulled from thin air.

It has been a long time away but after a few years of freshwater, I am setting up a 29 reef to see how I do. If it goes well I will build up the next-generation tank, wish me luck!
welcome.gif

Hi fellow reefers.

I am back into the hobby after 10 years. My new setup is a red sea reefer 250. It has been up and running about 2 months. I received about 50-75 lbs of live rock from a friend that was taking a tank down so I have had a quick and healthy system running in no time.

Back