If You Are New to Reef Central, Introduce Yourself Here!

I too am back into the hobby after a 20 year hiatus. Wow....the hobby has changed/evolved so much.
I am starting out slow with a 60 gal. breeder, CaribSea Live sand and Marco Rock. Am cycling the tank now with Dr. Tim's and adding some Microbacter7 as well. Looking forward to getting a couple of clowns in the tank in about a month. Am cycling a 10 gal QT and will get those clowns in there in a couple of weeks.

Let the games begin !

I too am back into the hobby after a 20 year hiatus. Wow....the hobby has changed/evolved so much.
I am starting out slow with a 60 gal. breeder, CaribSea Live sand and Marco Rock. Am cycling the tank now with Dr. Tim's and adding some Microbacter7 as well. Looking forward to getting a couple of clowns in the tank in about a month. Am cycling a 10 gal QT and will get those clowns in there in a couple of weeks.

Let the games begin !
Welcome back. Did you have a previous account on RC? If so, @JohnL may be able to recover it for you.

It's been a long time so I am posting as new :) Previously (about 10 years or more ago) had a 250 litre reef tanks with sump etc. Got out of the hobby while spending time travelling, but now...

New house, new locality and free time, so I have started with a small 52 litre tank (a bit more than 13 US gallons) which can become a quarintine tank if/as I expand. It's a self contained system with over head filter and lights. Heater ordered, but it's summer here so no hurry.

So far, tank and stand assembled, water, substrate and small "Texas holey rock" added. I am using natural seawater (I live in a clean locality) To encourage cycling I went down to the foreshore and got a few small hermit crabs, a small cockle shell, two nassarius snails etc. You know, the tough critters that survive dirty shallow rock pools in the midday sun at high temperatures (which was where I picked them up from).

Time to start watching the nitrites, do a few water changes and be patient :)

It's been a long time so I am posting as new :) Previously (about 10 years or more ago) had a 250 litre reef tanks with sump etc. Got out of the hobby while spending time travelling, but now...

New house, new locality and free time, so I have started with a small 52 litre tank (a bit more than 13 US gallons) which can become a quarintine tank if/as I expand. It's a self contained system with over head filter and lights. Heater ordered, but it's summer here so no hurry.

So far, tank and stand assembled, water, substrate and small "Texas holey rock" added. I am using natural seawater (I live in a clean locality) To encourage cycling I went down to the foreshore and got a few small hermit crabs, a small cockle shell, two nassarius snails etc. You know, the tough critters that survive dirty shallow rock pools in the midday sun at high temperatures (which was where I picked them up from).

Time to start watching the nitrites, do a few water changes and be patient :)
Welcome, please start a build thread in the Tank Journals forum so we can follow your progress.

Let the games begin !
Also, please start a build thread so we can follow along.

Also returning after hiatus from reefingdue to life events kids, moving, career lol. Recently retired from the fire service after 30 years, so now getting back into the marine scene since I have a lot of time again to put into the hobby. Researching all the new stuff before I decide on a tank but was previously running a 55 gallon acrylic tank, and looking to go same or slightly larger.

Also returning after hiatus from reefingdue to life events kids, moving, career lol. Recently retired from the fire service after 30 years, so now getting back into the marine scene since I have a lot of time again to put into the hobby. Researching all the new stuff before I decide on a tank but was previously running a 55 gallon acrylic tank, and looking to go same or slightly larger.
Welcome back.

Hey everyone!!

I am finally putting my big boy pants on and converting over to saltwater/reef! I currently have a 75g and I want to do it up right, so I am starting with a sump. I will be sure to reach out with questions. Thanks again!
Welcome. Yes, please start a build thread when you're ready. A lot of us like to follow new builds.

Back