Indopacific Sea Farms bazaar shipping policy

ReeferAl

Premium Member
I just placed an order with IPSF. They ask for a shipping address but then ignore it. Their shipping policy is listed at the bottom of the page and is different than any other livestock shipper I have ever dealt with. They will not ship to your home. Instead they ship to a Fedex holding site of their choice. This is listed but not obvious. They chose a site 30 minutes from my home when the closest site was 8 minutes away and there are at least 3 sites within 12 minutes of home.
I will admit that I did screw up by not noticing the "ship to" address they listed on the receipt before it actually shipped. It never occurred to me that they would not ship to the "shipping address" that they requested and I provided. I can honestly say that I would not recommend them and will never order from them again.

Allen

Well, since the very first line on their "order" page has a link to their "shipping and pricing policies," yes, that was a case of not paying attention (sorry, but true). Their "hold for pickup" policy is most likely an attempt to deliver live specimens to their customers, as a pretty fair share of DOA and death-shortly-after-receipt issues can be traced back to the hours a box sat in very cold, or very hot conditions.

Beyond that, I have ordered from IPSF a number of times over the years and always been happy with what I received. They seem to offer a pretty fair variety of inverts you can't get elsewhere. So, how was the actual order itself, beyond the shipping issue?

Kevin

Hmmm, I've been out of the hobby for about 5 years now but when I ordered from IPSF they shipped to my door and their livestock was always top notch and many times, extra critters were added to the bags.

How was the order once you got it?

I just placed an order with IPSF. They ask for a shipping address but then ignore it. Their shipping policy is listed at the bottom of the page and is different than any other livestock shipper I have ever dealt with. They will not ship to your home. Instead they ship to a Fedex holding site of their choice. This is listed but not obvious. They chose a site 30 minutes from my home when the closest site was 8 minutes away and there are at least 3 sites within 12 minutes of home.
I will admit that I did screw up by not noticing the "ship to" address they listed on the receipt before it actually shipped. It never occurred to me that they would not ship to the "shipping address" that they requested and I provided. I can honestly say that I would not recommend them and will never order from them again.

Allen

I will make one comment about shipping to your address, IPSF will ship to your address but will not guarantee the order. I have used them for many years and this is a recent change.

IndoPacific SeaFarm is an excellent example of environmental stewardship. Gerald Hessliger is the founder. He skipped on an opportunity for a Harvard doctorate and partnered with Walt Smith to establish clam farms as a cottage industry in islands of IndoPacific.

Back