Is the Amazon Fire still the best tablet to use with the new Apex?

Salty150

Is the Amazon Fire still the best tablet to use with the new Apex?

I am asking, because in the last few months there are quite a few posts on the Apex YouTube videos that state they are having problems with the Fire and the Apex...

I burned through two in less than 7 months before deciding to just go back to using the Apex display. I am also curious whether there is a better option.

I've got two of the 7" fire displays on two different systems. One is pushing 7 or 8 months old now and powered on 24/7. The other is a few months old but also on 24/7. No issues with either of mine. Best would be an iPad IMO but the Fire tablets have worked fine for me.

I've been running a basic fire going on 4 months maybe with out issues. Its plugged in and up 24/7. Guess I haven't heard of any issues with them yet. Don't they have at least a year warranty?

Only issue I had was using a fire hd and fusion and the dashboard did not cooperate with the higher resolution. The basic fire fits it all fine.

I've been running a basic fire going on 4 months maybe with out issues. Its plugged in and up 24/7. Guess I haven't heard of any issues with them yet. Don't they have at least a year warranty?

Only issue I had was using a fire hd and fusion and the dashboard did not cooperate with the higher resolution. The basic fire fits it all fine.

Ah... that's odd that the higher resolution would screw with it...

I was looking at the 8" HD Fire too, lol...

Ah... that's odd that the higher resolution would screw with it...

I was looking at the 8" HD Fire too, lol...
I was pretty frustrated. Didn't fit/scale right with a dell venue I had too and turns out it had the same resolution as the fire hd did.

Many thanks tp you all for the resolution heads-up - I've been waiting for the Fire 8 to go on sale for $70.

I think the Android app is still in Beta, right? Maybe this will be fixed when it is released for real...

I think the Android app is still in Beta, right? Maybe this will be fixed when it is released for real...

I don't think you'll see any changes on the app ever. With Fusion, there's really no point for an app and it's just one more thing for Neptune to maintain.

The app was developed by someone other than Neptune and has always been in "beta" stage - even after Neptune purchased it. Pretty sure it's the longest beta ever known to man! :)

I thought the idea of these sponsored threads on Reef Central was so that the manufacturers directly answered the questions posted here?

Or am I missing something?

Neptune made a new app for fusion on the iphone and I was told would eventually have a new updated version for android as well. The iphone app is literally just a webpage view of fusion though.

I thought the idea of these sponsored threads on Reef Central was so that the manufacturers directly answered the questions posted here?

Or am I missing something?

It is a sponsored forum and they do monitor it but near as I can tell, it's really a user based forum that they fund. The official forum is forum.neptunesystems.com and they tend to be much more active there.

I like the app view better than the browser since it's maximize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you need is there browser running. So you pretty much don't need to be running on the OS GUI.

just got my amazon fire...works great. I just use the browser, not sure why you would need anything else but the browser. Love the apex so far.

The iPhone iPad app is nice it doesn't have the browser boarders

The iPhone iPad app is nice it doesn't have the browser boarders

agree, have it on my iphone and ipad. But love the $39 fire standalone controller in full screen mode...heck, I just saw walmart has an rca tablet for $25. Could of used that one but just received the fire.

Back