It's not unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure these techniques are difficult and forighn but we don't know till we honestly try and we have to keep advanceing with are hobby

Tangs aside I think that unless a species is overpopulated we should set regulations up for it ahead of time before a problem starts people arnt ever gonna stop wanting fish and we need to make sure there at least around for some people to enjoy if the reef is in enough trouble already then why should we let there be extra pressure mounted to destroy our own hobby if stricter collection limits are set there will be less fish per year for the hobby so they'll cost more but that will deter new unresponsible fish hobbyist anyway and the next time around there is to collect fish there will be more to collect its a real win win protecting the invorment the hobby and the fish. :)

I have all fish that are frequently captive bred or are captive bred or animals with an over abundance in the wild. I have damsels an algae blenny a falco hawk zoo corals and a couple of tangs yellow mimic and sf tangs

madarin, chalk bass , royal gramma, pearly jaw , flame hawk shrimps and more. Coral possibly coming soon

Just how do you know those fish/inverts you have and and want to have are over abundant in the wild?

Take the reptile industry lots not all of there popular animals are cb it's more convinent and also helps wild populations rebuild without having to constantly flucate due to human disturbances same should go for fish

Reptiles are relatively easy to breed. The easiest marine finfish to breed and rear are rather complicated by comparison. Some fish have not been bred or reared, despite some very dedicated efforts by very experienced marine finfish breeders. Some have been bred in limited quantities, but not with the sort of duplicatable success that is necessary to breed them on a commercial scale.

Tangs aside I think that unless a species is overpopulated we should set regulations up for it ahead of time before a problem starts people arnt ever gonna stop wanting fish and we need to make sure there at least around for some people to enjoy if the reef is in enough trouble already then why should we let there be extra pressure mounted to destroy our own hobby if stricter collection limits are set there will be less fish per year for the hobby so they'll cost more but that will deter new unresponsible fish hobbyist anyway and the next time around there is to collect fish there will be more to collect its a real win win protecting the invorment the hobby and the fish. :)

Overpopulation of wild species is not common, and usually an ecological problem of it's own when it does occur.

I have done a lot of reasearch into this but I will continue to do more

I'd suggest using google scholar and looking for research articles in journals such as Nature, the Biological Bulletin, Fisheries, etc.

Guess people on this forum arnt about free speech or hearing the truth

as many have pointed out, your not talking the truth. and speaking out on a private forum isnt covered under free speach.

Do you even have a salt water tank? your other thread was talking about your attempts to transfer cichlids into a salt enviorment to keep with your reef.

Also, please turn our spellcheck and autocomplete back on, most of your posts could really use the help these two things provide.

I have bred my own fish yellow labs fish are a differnt animal look at fresh water fish who are all CBB

Breeding easy to breed FW fish is vastly different and far less complicated than breeding easy to breed SW fish. Being able to breed yellow labidochromis doesn't bring one even close to knowing what is involved with breeding and rearing marine finfish.

Guess people on this forum arnt about free speech or hearing the truth

It's not about free speech or hearing the truth, it's about knowledge vs. ignorance. Your young, and obviously have a lot to learn.

Breeding easy to breed FW fish is vastly different and far less complicated than breeding easy to breed SW fish. Being able to breed yellow labidochromis doesn't bring one even close to knowing what is involved with breeding and rearing marine finfish.

It's not about free speech or hearing the truth, it's about knowledge vs. ignorance. Your young, and obviously have a lot to learn.

You also are doing you credibility no good by typing runon sentences without any punctuation. It makes them very diffcult to follow. You must also know the audience you are talking to. This board is home to many people who have made/make a living studying the ocean and its inhabitants. Expect what you post to be looked at with a little more scrutiny then if posting this stuff on facebook.

No I have watched vedios on it and coral farming before I realize most of things that are going on I realize its hard but I don't see how it wouldn't work for At least some of the fish and yes I know clown fish and dottybacks cardinals are already CBB but I'm talking about at least some of the fish that have been CBB before like flame angels and other dwarf angels should be implemented into this system for commercial sized breeding amonts

Youtube does not = research.

I think you guys are making assumptions and need to do ALOT more reasearch every fish store owner I have asked has told me I was right so that makes you look bad ooops.

:0 :0 :-

My mom has better things to do than hang out with me plus I would like to he sent to my room that's were all my fish are haha

I think its time mommy takes your phone away and you go to your room.

^ This.

I have, however, learned more about regulated areas in Hawai'i, screwworms and Tang populations.

Quirky, when you get older, you'll realize that the brunt (in most cases) of bad information in this hobby is widely accepted as truth in local fish stores. This goes the same for the information on the internet.

I was walking by a river today near my house and I SWEAR I saw group of yellow tangs swimming around I went to take a picture but they swam away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back