Jamie's Crazily Overstocked Tank .... thread

My masked hippo tang. He looks like a sticker on our window :)

ec2a21f36157a51c8b8812748bcc69f9.jpg

Walking aiptasia!
060610bc6ba8b800759faf286e8f4b2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Here u go jamie we will help u setting it up hahaha
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2689758
Road trip to Portland!!

I think Tri would be more up for the idea if it was a tank "upgrade", meaning, I replace this current tank...otherwise, it would just be hoarding tanks and the electricity bill would be (even more!) insane. I told him no way, I need them all! Unfortunately, there's really no room for one :(

No more buying acros for me! The gigantea won. It climbed to the top of the highest point in my tank, mushroomed out and shaded so many of my acros. (Not to mention, stung the heck out of them along its journey to the top) They browned out!

I got rid of so many now browned out acros. Just too frustrating trying to keep everyone happy! That area will now house nems instead.

628b99c776c0be5d6d985478b4055efb.jpg

Defeat feels good sometimes lol

On another anemone related note, picked upa baby green gig from Bob's on Sunday. QTed and decided it needed cipro treatment. Started 250 mg /10 gallons on Monday.

Here it is after treatment on Tues.

Not that great looking, a lot of inflating/deflating and spitting out black stuff.

cc75584d6c897e6c9a9bb2ad04d21bc6.jpg
875bb5cd29f073f590757a65db994a2e.jpg

Here it is today looking much better. No delation at all and no spitting out anything!

9e5ce897bb4740d7174d970f423c8103.jpg

Looking awesome Jamie. Love gigs and have working with a nice guy to hopefully get a few nice purple and blue ones in the near future. Hope all is well with you guys!

Who needs acros when you can have gigs? ;-)

The little green guy is looking good. I think it'll pull through.

Looking awesome Jamie. Love gigs and have working with a nice guy to hopefully get a few nice purple and blue ones in the near future. Hope all is well with you guys!
Thanks, Nick! Im sure your picasso clowns will love a new gigantea. It will really bring out the black in them. You must share pics when you get them!

Your tanks looks much better than tri's
nah..we're not competitive with each other's tanks....are we....?
Who needs acros when you can have gigs? ;-)

The little green guy is looking good. I think it'll pull through.
Hi, Derek! I see you're lurking around in the socal forum :) When i picked up those clowns from you a couple years ago, I remember you were setting up another tank yourself. I could've sworn you mentioned they were for ACROS!

b31992b304ba27508e35821fd2e85c99.jpg

Updated pic for today. Few more days of treatment and then, assuming all is well, into the DT he goes.

Back