Jebao Cross Flow Pump

Well I finally received my new one and figured before I sent the old one back I'd have a closer look following your breakdown instructions.

Not sure how I missed him but there was a dwarf cerith jammed into the rotor. Didn't break any fins but the ceramic shaft was snapped. So considering my system is littered with these things looks like I'll either have to find a way to cover the rotors or just stuck with my mp-40's.

The upside is that these are pretty easy to take apart once you know how. I also was able to get the motor shaft out as well, also pretty easy to do. I don't however like that fact that yiu need to put undo pressure on the ceramic shafts to take these apart, they are brittle enough as it is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is what I was talking about... Dwarf Cerith, hermit crab... I think moving parts need to be in constant motion (very slow during 'off' cycles) to keep these guys away.

Mine were in constant motion. The dwarf cerith will get in there either way. I've had them stop every powered I've ever used. The problem with this one is that the ceramic shaft is just to brittle to hold up to a short stop like that.

Can apply what I've done and mentioned way earlier in this thread.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2526603

One side stopped working. Not sure why. Reef breeders sent me a replacement but it took forever to come in.

Reef breeders seems to be pretty good with customer service. I got my led lights from them.

Odd only one side stopped working. Is it two independent shafts though the motor housing ? Maxspext is a single shaft and magnet. One side is stuck then both sides are.

Reef breeders seems to be pretty good with customer service. I got my led lights from them.

Odd only one side stopped working. Is it two independent shafts though the motor housing ? Maxspext is a single shaft and magnet. One side is stuck then both sides are.

This is a single shaft also. Problem was the ceramic shaft for the rotor. When the snail got stuck it brock that shaft thus allowing one side to keep working.

Got my CP-25's today :)

Side by side with CP-40:

20160425_151951_zpsqyekf25e.jpg

20160425_152051_zps2ubyecby.jpg

20160425_152142_zps8ozk143z.jpg

Last edited:
Why did my photo's stop working? I used the direct link. Its interesting they are nearly the same size but the cp25 is thinner.

Does anybody but FishStreet have these for sale? I can't find any.

I have a Maxspect Gyre 150 and it's great, but I want a 2nd one and I don't want to pay the Maxspect premium price. I got the one I have used for a great price. And I'd really like to be able to compare with the Crossflow CP-40.

Does anyone know if the magnet that is typically on the outside of your tank is submersible?

I am setting up a 75 gallon FOWLR and I want some flow but don't need the flow that an SPS tank would. Any input on whether either the CP-25 or CP-40 would be a good choice. I have some spare Tunze powerheads etc but I don't like the look in the tank.

Back