June meeting!

Reef Bass

colors and textures
Hello fellow Wine Country Reefers.

The next club meeting will be Saturday, June 24 at noon. Bob (Thysrof) has graciously offered to host. :dance:

For those who are newer members, Bob has a lovely home and tank and a pool, which make summer meetings at his house very pleasant. If you've never seen a swimming bulldog, this could be your chance!

There will be a raffle (tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20) and a potluck, so please bring frags to donate, a dish to share and a bathing suit. While donating to the raffle is not mandatory for participation, it is encouraged.

Club shirts are still available. Pick one of those up if you haven't already ($15).

It would be awesome to get a fresh picture of our membership, as we haven't done that in a while.

Please RSVP on this thread with what you are bringing so we can get an approximate head count. Perspective new members are welcome as well.

Cheers! :beer: And go Warriors!

Bob, are you comfortable posting your address, or would you prefer people pm you?

Family is going out of town that weekend. I'm staying home so I'll see if I can figure something out.

Ill be there not sure what i am bringing food wise.. grant please bring swim trunks this time No naked cannon balls like last year!

Aaaaawwwww darn..... Hahaha that would be scary. And WOO HOO party at Bobs house!!! As always bring your corals some food and drink and let's have some fun. See you all there

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the meeting this Saturday. I would like to contribute to the club though. Can I send a check to the address above?

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the meeting this Saturday. I would like to contribute to the club though. Can I send a check to the address above?

I won't speak for bob, our treasurer, but while your generosity is amazing, I don't think we are in dire enough straights financially for you to need to contribute without being present to perhaps win a coral for your $$$.

Apologies to the BOD if my sentiment is not in line with yours.

June meeting!

Speaking of corals..

Robert at Neptune's Aquatics in San Jose hooked the club up in a major way. We purchased a number of non sps corals on Saturday for our raffle and there are some REALLY nice pieces.

On the sps front we have started approaching things differently than in the past. In previous years we would get acro frags and just toss them in the raffle, often to never see that piece again.

Myself and 2 other members that are SPS focused members are now keeping frags, growing them into colonies, and are then cutting frags for the raffle. This has seemed to work REALLY well so far.

So for this raffle, we are again getting another box of acropora from Adam at Battlecorals. This group, like the last 2 will be held back by experienced sps keepers to be grown and fragged for hopefully years to come. I know I will be cutting at least 2 corals that the club owns for the 2nd meeting in a row. I think this is super cool and am stoked to be of service to the club in this manner.

On a personal note I will have to again miss this meeting but will be dropping off all the corals for the raffle.

Thanks Sean. If it is not needed then I won't send it but if the board decides otherwise just let me know. I figure twenty dollars every couple months is not much. My tank is still young and I haven't had many frags to contribute and I want to see the club do well

Thanks for the help as usual Sean and I agree regarding the money. i look forward to see all of you at Bobs house. :)

Sean,

Thanks for the update and work with making our purchase of the nice corals last for future raffles. I too have a lot of corals to frag for the meeting. it should be a great raffle.

So...... just to be clear, prospective new members are allowed to attend? I have set up my first reef tank and I am nearing the end of my phosphate/nitrate battle after converting from FOWLR. I plan to start doing corals as soon as my levels are all the way down. So i don't have any frags to bring but still wanted to come. I've never been to something like this before.

So...... just to be clear, prospective new members are allowed to attend? I have set up my first reef tank and I am nearing the end of my phosphate/nitrate battle after converting from FOWLR. I plan to start doing corals as soon as my levels are all the way down. So i don't have any frags to bring but still wanted to come. I've never been to something like this before.

Yes, new members are always invited.

Back