Kessil A360WE

I have just spent the last two hours reading over other LED sections. In every thread the majority of the discussion is on how to run them. What settings do I use? Intensity do I start with? Am I using too much blue/white/red/ green? How fast do I ramp up/down? How do I get your colors? My corals are brown are my light to bright dim? When do I increase intensity? Why did my corals bleach? Why did some of my corals lose color? Every thread seems like the same thing. They report browning and bleaching, also some corals look ok and others look bad, some grow some don't. Same thing over and over: I'm havering problems! What am I doing wrong? I'm talking about Radions, AIs, and as many others as I could read. Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the problem is with the LEDs?

I haven't read anywhere that someone had these kinds of problems. Have you?

My corals are doing great! Mine are running 100% for 9 hours and never bleaching or browning. Now growing and color has improved since I bought them.

My Duncan sprouted new polyps.

e2egyse3.jpg

I totally agree to this point. Kessil are just quality light.

I just received my Kessil A360w yesterday. I am blown away at how bright it is and the shimmer.

I got mine a few days ago and feel the same! It's funny, I read so much stuff about the shimmer and rolled my eyes, but it really is amazing.

So I got my 360we mounted!!!! Just needed some info on how high I should run it??? It's about 13in above the water line. Tank is 36x24x12. I've been battling with some cyano and been lights out for the past 2 days so I won't be able to run em til Tuesday...although I might just run em for a couple hours tomorrow lol I plan on runnin em at 50% intensity and gradually increasing everyday. I'm switching from an AI Hydra. Here's a pic

So I got my 360we mounted!!!! Just needed some info on how high I should run it??? It's about 13in above the water line. Tank is 36x24x12. I've been battling with some cyano and been lights out for the past 2 days so I won't be able to run em til Tuesday...although I might just run em for a couple hours tomorrow lol I plan on runnin em at 50% intensity and gradually increasing everyday. I'm switching from an AI Hydra. Here's a pic

I only run mine about 6-7 inches off the water but I'm also 24x24x24. I'd lower it to the point where the light spread is hitting glass just below the water line on the sides and go from there.

got it about 12-13" above the water line. might lower it an inch or two after a week of acclimation. looks AMAZING! I <3 kessil! cant wait for the controller! heres a couple shots i took today.

That does look good. Look at that purple on the wall in the last picture how do they do it? I get my 360 friday I can't wait.

I´m planning my next build. An insane 98x39x27 sps and lps tank

Do you guys think 8 A360W (2 rows 4 each) would have good coverage ?

I would honestly stagger them like . ' . ' . ' . and you could get away with 7 and still get better coverage. it wouldn't be as rediculous as : : : :

Think 2 on a 24" deep 56G tank would be enough? I think I need two because of a center brace that may cause light spread issues if I go with one light source, especially one this focused/small that would definitely give shadows over the brace

I got mine ready to go.. didn't use the Goosenecks.. this way I can adjust the height if needed. I can also adjust them left or right..

crappy cellphone pictures. Will get better ones when I actually have fish

2 A360WE, and 2 A150 Deep Ocean Blue

360WEWhite_zpsb6618d35.jpg

360WEBlue_zps06b36cf4.jpg

I don't have much experience with the 360WE's as mine has only been running a month on my Nuvo 38, but I am about add another to get better light coverage since I only run 4" off the surface. I would be surprised if you get proper par for growth with the fixture being so high above the tank. You are covering a larger areas but at what cost??

I don't have much experience with the 360WE's as mine has only been running a month on my Nuvo 38, but I am about add another to get better light coverage since I only run 4" off the surface. I would be surprised if you get proper par for growth with the fixture being so high above the tank. You are covering a larger areas but at what cost??

I cant imagine you needing 2 360s for a 38. People use 1 360 for a 60g cube.

Back