Kessil A360WE

Guess you haven't seen my tank and I would guess they wish they could add a second

Nope, perfectly happy with one on my 60 cube for the moment. That being said, my SPS currently consists of a red monti that grew happily under the stock biocube lights I started with a few years ago lol! But so far everything seems to be getting enough light.

Kessil A360WE

Mounted these up yesterday the programming was pretty easy if you programmed LED before via Apex
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404124910.421630.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404124936.970493.jpg

Ok so I'm getting ready to make the switch but, I can't decide if I should get 3 or 4 for my 150gal. It looks like three would be enough light but I am worried about my center brace making a shadow.

If any one is using these on a 6ft tank I would love to know your opinion.

hey everyone. What level intensity are you guys running??? maxing out at 100% or a little less??

as for the blue/white coloring.. Is that pretty much your preference?

I currently have it more white at 75% intensity.. my A150 actinic is on at the same time to provide the blue. just checking if this is ok

Ok so I'm getting ready to make the switch but, I can't decide if I should get 3 or 4 for my 150gal. It looks like three would be enough light but I am worried about my center brace making a shadow.

I've seen a 10ft tank with 3 360s that covered it really well.

hey everyone. What level intensity are you guys running??? maxing out at 100% or a little less??

as for the blue/white coloring.. Is that pretty much your preference?

I currently have it more white at 75% intensity.. my A150 actinic is on at the same time to provide the blue. just checking if this is ok

I start mine out at about 25% in the morning 3 hours then bump up it up to about 85% for about 4 hours then back to 25% 3 hours and my sps and lps seem to like the darker blue better then the light blue not sure if that's me over thinking it or what. if im going to be gone the whole day ill turn it on about 60% in the morning and leave it all day.

I have 3 A360WE's over my 6 foot 180 gallon. If you can I would do 4 lights.
the 3 I have get pretty good shadow from my 2 braces.
I actually just added a 2 x 80 watt bulb 60 inch Hamilton retrofit T5 and it really brightened up the tank (2 x 453nm blue bulbs), kept the shimmer but just filled in some of the shadows. I would still like to get 1 more 360WE, but that will have to wait till the credit card bill gets paid off a little...:crazy1:
good luck!

Can you guys tell me if the kessils bring out the yellows and reds and other colors much? I'm running a sol blue. Was pretty set on a kessil, but really digging the colors on tanks with a razor now. It's a 27g cube. 18x20x20

no they don't, you don't want red though. kessil are full spectrum but the visual appearance is either blue or white

no they don't, you don't want red though. kessil are full spectrum but the visual appearance is either blue or white

Oh. Thanks. I knew it was full spectrum figured in daytime if you ran it more white it could bring other colors out.

nah it blends really well. The only way to see all the colors is to look on the wall or hold your hand to the edge of the spread then you can see them.

nah it blends really well. The only way to see all the colors is to look on the wall or hold your hand to the edge of the spread then you can see them.

Yea I agree no other led blends as perfect. I guess my question wasn't so clear. I know it makes fluorescents pop. But like the razor lights are known to really bring yellow and reds out.

well its hard for me to answer that ive never seen a razor in person I do however have a pic of some lps with some reds and yellows I can show you if that'll help

well its hard for me to answer that ive never seen a razor in person I do however have a pic of some lps with some reds and yellows I can show you if that'll help

Looks great. I've seen the different 150's in person. Just not any 3 series. I'd of course go 360 to control it. But ill have to think about it

Kessil A360WE

Yellow's look fine to me on my Kessil covered tank. This particular pic is a John Deere Leptastrea, I believe was taken with white completely off, blues were at maybe 20%. HTH!

14573002654_ae7051338b_h.jpg

Burned some of my corals with this light. Turned it down till it just clicks on and raised it above my tank as far as I can. I also shortened my photo period to 8 hrs. Evolution of a noob I guess and be warned that these Kessil's are like laser beams...

So did anyone ever try using a different stereo cable to link them together. I would love to know so I could save some money and get the lengths I want.

Back