Kessil A360WE

How many 360 would be needed for a72x36x27 marineland dd

I would go with 4 but you can get away with 3 depending on placement. 27" deep may require the "N" version to hit bottom with enough punch. Shameless plug..please let me know if you would like a heck of a deal on three brand new 360N with goosenecks :D

How many 360 would be needed for a72x36x27 marineland dd

I would go with 4 but you can get away with 3 depending on placement. 27" deep may require the "N" version to hit bottom with enough punch. Shameless plug..please let me know if you would like a heck of a deal on three brand new 360N with goosenecks :D

Would 1 row be enough for the 36" front to back depth? I am planning a similar build 60x36x24 and was planning on using 2 rows of 3 360W. Is that over kill? I have been obsessing over this for the last month. Also planning on putting 2 360W over a frag tank 48x24x11.

Would 1 row be enough for the 36" front to back depth? I am planning a similar build 60x36x24 and was planning on using 2 rows of 3 360W. Is that over kill? I have been obsessing over this for the last month. Also planning on putting 2 360W over a frag tank 48x24x11.

Depending on what you are planning on keeping. If it's SPS dominated and you are planning on placing that front to back then may have to do 2 rows to get enough light. Otherwise, you can hang them higher off the water surface and turn up the intensity so get a little more spread.

Ok so I started setting up the bad boys and I was wondering. How far off the water is everyone running these?
I can't seems to find much posted about this.

After a long time wanting to try these I broke down and bought one. Tank is 4 x 2 x 2 currently with two 4 ft rows of neutral white (12 per row), two of the same in royal blue, and a two clusters of 12 royal/blue/violet in between. I hung the kessil over one half of the tank and if pleased was going to buy a second for the other side. On a 24" x 24" x 24" area it came no where near my crees. I wasn't impressed with the coral colors, but more so, the coverage just wasn't there. The corners of the 24" x 24" area were dark, and major shading. The first thing I thought was it looked like using a flashlight. Directly under the kessil was ok, but outside an immediate radius the output dropped off dramatically. My current DIY is similar to a T5 bulb where I have my LEDs from end to end of the tank, and the four rows spread out front to back. The tank is lit corner to corner. The kessil is going back. I won't say it's a bad light, I love the small form factor, but I don't like this "point source". IMO, I'd have to run 4 for corner to corner coverage and I'm not willing to spend $1600. The other thing that bothered me and the reason I had been waiting on trying these is that they don't fade to zero. There is an abrupt cut off. You may or may not care, I'm picky, but my DIY crees are pwm controlled so I get smooth sunrise and sunset. I had conceded to supplement two kessils to pick up fading before and after and maintain what I'm accustom to if necessary, but was only willing to lay out the cash for two. Just my experience.

After a long time wanting to try these I broke down and bought one. Tank is 4 x 2 x 2 currently with two 4 ft rows of neutral white (12 per row), two of the same in royal blue, and a two clusters of 12 royal/blue/violet in between. I hung the kessil over one half of the tank and if pleased was going to buy a second for the other side. On a 24" x 24" x 24" area it came no where near my crees. I wasn't impressed with the coral colors, but more so, the coverage just wasn't there. The corners of the 24" x 24" area were dark, and major shading. The first thing I thought was it looked like using a flashlight. Directly under the kessil was ok, but outside an immediate radius the output dropped off dramatically. My current DIY is similar to a T5 bulb where I have my LEDs from end to end of the tank, and the four rows spread out front to back. The tank is lit corner to corner. The kessil is going back. I won't say it's a bad light, I love the small form factor, but I don't like this "point source". IMO, I'd have to run 4 for corner to corner coverage and I'm not willing to spend $1600. The other thing that bothered me and the reason I had been waiting on trying these is that they don't fade to zero. There is an abrupt cut off. You may or may not care, I'm picky, but my DIY crees are pwm controlled so I get smooth sunrise and sunset. I had conceded to supplement two kessils to pick up fading before and after and maintain what I'm accustom to if necessary, but was only willing to lay out the cash for two. Just my experience.
I just find having a fully lit tank is like slicing the top layer of the reef and put into the tank. Whereas having shades in yr tank, it mimick a bigger slice of the reef as there are some parts of the reef that are shadowed, more natural look.
U can also keep a wider variety of animals as some reef animals dun like bright lights.

Hey guys I am trying these vs radions over my tank. Parwise for sps, I'm finding that radions have better numbers. I have 2 1-week old and a new 360we if anyone is interested

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1
Hey guys I am trying these vs radions over my tank. Parwise for sps, I'm finding that radions have better numbers. I have 2 1-week old and a new 360we if anyone is interested
My understanding is that straight up PAR value dose not mean much with Kessil and a lot of other LEDs

i just started a new reef tank and i went with 2 kessil 360w with goose neck. tanks only 5 days old so we shall see the outcome. left is all the way blue.
reeftank2.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back