LA gig on the way

Any update? I had one in my cart, but chickened out.

Looking better I'll post a pic tomorrow when I wake up. I spent the day on the road buying new corals lol. It is in my treatment tank and I started cipro. It has a couple small tear spots on the bottom of the foot and still not inflating all the way. But I will say its 99% better looking than yesterday when it arrived.

Looking better I'll post a pic tomorrow when I wake up. I spent the day on the road buying new corals lol. It is in my treatment tank and I started cipro. It has a couple small tear spots on the bottom of the foot and still not inflating all the way. But I will say its 99% better looking than yesterday when it arrived.

They seem to really like water changes too.
Try to keep up with those.

Well last night it looked really good. Today back to the pancake. Into the 2nd full day of treatment. Added another powered to the tank instead of using the over the back hang on filter for flow. Maybe that will help.

What lights are you using?
Are they adjustable?

If so, you might try decreasing light levels.

And you definitely need the extra flow from a power head.

It doesn't look that bad.

I'm using a koralle nano powerhead in there now and the water is moving pretty good. Lighting is two T8 bulbs. One white one blue. I just cant figure out why its not inflating? If I turn the lights off it balls up like a mag.

I'm using a koralle nano powerhead in there now and the water is moving pretty good. Lighting is two T8 bulbs. One white one blue. I just cant figure out why its not inflating? If I turn the lights off it balls up like a mag.

T8s are so dated, I doubt they put out enough PAR to sustain a gig. Your lighting may be the reason.

This morning's update. He looks to be more inflated. It's still not attached it's foot to anything.

Full tank shot so you can see size

Not attached isn't good. But it looks decent.

+1 When you can see the striping of the tentacles, it's typically not a good sign. Not being attached is another warning sign.

Please keep us updated as LA has more and I'm still thinking about buying one but I want to see how this current crop fares.

Just did water change and added cipro before lights out for the night, This is night 4 of treatment. Mouth is staying closed. and its inflating to a point but still not attached. As far as I can tell we arnt getting better or worse just kinda the same. I changed the lighting over to a single 400w metal halide. Lets see if that helps any

Do you have another light you could use, or even natural sunlight by moving the tank to a window?

Back