Let's See Your Rarest Fish!

I remember someone on here had one in a reef tank, but can't remember who it was

I have one in a reef. I was inspired by Peter ;)
Mine does eat algae from the rocks. It's funny to see little piles of really fine sand in the tank :)
Has not touched any corals. He eats almost everything now, but it took a while...

I'm also bad with photos...
I have some locally rare fishes in Finland...
Coris gaimard, Pristigenys serrula, Asfur angel, Sohal, Singapore angel...
Next week I'm FINALLY getting Annularis angel and Rock beauty.

nice tank.gonna be sweet when it grows in

thanks,i have some rarish anthias also Borbs are also rare in Aus. only about a dozen have come into the country

IMG_5551_zpsdfd8be26.jpg

white bar mixing with common cooperi
anthias-2.jpg

and aussie caught ventralis - fairly common but pretty none the less.

IMG_4895.jpg

thanks,i have some rarish anthias also Borbs are also rare in Aus. only about a dozen have come into the country

IMG_5551_zpsdfd8be26.jpg

white bar mixing with common cooperi
anthias-2.jpg

and aussie caught ventralis - fairly common but pretty none the less.

IMG_4895.jpg
Your tank do look nice

I have one in a reef. I was inspired by Peter ;)
Mine does eat algae from the rocks. It's funny to see little piles of really fine sand in the tank :)
Has not touched any corals. He eats almost everything now, but it took a while...
Hmmm. How big is it? I'm thinking they get too big for my current setup, but I would be sorely tempted if I could find one.

SDguy, a while back you posted a youtube video of your butterflies eating clams. That was one of the nicest collection of fish I have ever seen. I called my wife over and told her, "This is what I want my next tank to look like!" Kudos, sir!

Thank you very much!!

Hmmm. How big is it? I'm thinking they get too big for my current setup, but I would be sorely tempted if I could find one.

Well, fishbase lists the max at 40cm TL, but if you go through all the specimen photos, even the bruiser looking males are only in the 20cm range (biggest one being 26), so I'm not too worried.

I've also got a Quoyi and they don't get much bigger than 20cm....great fish
Well, fishbase lists the max at 40cm TL, but if you go through all the specimen photos, even the bruiser looking males are only in the 20cm range (biggest one being 26), so I'm not too worried.

I have a Quoy's as well. I live in the Chicago area and I've seen them on rare occassion in LFS around here. My Quoy's scrapes my rocks but does no apparent damage. I have plenty or coralline algae. He's in a 180 gallon reef with SPS, LPS, softies, and clams and never touches any corals and is a good tankmate. Eats everything I feed too. I've had mine for at least 3 years( forgot exactly how long) and he hasn't grown all that much. Definitely a cool and uncommon fish.

Over here in Belgium they aren't uncommon and you can buy them for +-60$-100$ depending the size
I have a Quoy's as well. I live in the Chicago area and I've seen them on rare occassion in LFS around here. My Quoy's scrapes my rocks but does no apparent damage. I have plenty or coralline algae. He's in a 180 gallon reef with SPS, LPS, softies, and clams and never touches any corals and is a good tankmate. Eats everything I feed too. I've had mine for at least 3 years( forgot exactly how long) and he hasn't grown all that much. Definitely a cool and uncommon fish.

I got one of my S. quoyi locally and the other from the eBay store "reefanimals" - they have had quoyi at least two other times that I have noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow
How long did you have it?
Ita my favorite shallowtail angel unfortunately I lose 3 pairs already because of bad clams :(

I looked for like 6 years before I finally got this pair, and just managed to pick them up last fall. They've been tanks- eating anything and everything from day one. The only problem is that the female keeps eating bubbles, so she swims like she has a swim bladder infection most of the time. Occasionally you'll see her pass a bunch of bubbles, swim normally, then start eating bubbles again. :headwally:

My 2 good friends both have a trio of the masked
We all got it together mine are the unlucky one ...

Over here in Belgium they aren't uncommon and you can buy them for +-60$-100$ depending the size

I have the only one in Finland...
I saw it once in Sweden and just had to get one :) I guess us Europeans have larger list of fishes, but higher prices...

I have the only one in Finland...
I saw it once in Sweden and just had to get one :) I guess us Europeans have larger list of fishes, but higher prices...

Price is of no concern here, but I do agree Europeans have a better selection of fish locally then here in the states, at least those of us not in big cities

Back