LoJack's 144 Gallon Reef Build

And some new photo's from January 12th during a maintenance day:

Forest Fire Digitata Frag that I just got from another member last week. It was in rough shape when it arrive, bleached and no polyp extension from shipping. Its bouncing back quite nicely now.

A shot of the centre arch of my Reef where things are starting to grow in nicely finally.

Some of the frags starting to encrust their plugs

Valida Frag

A birdsnest frag I accidentally made during a reach to the bottom of the tank lol

The newest fish addition to the Reef. He doesn't appear to care for Aiptasia unfortunately. But so far doesn't are for corals or clams either "¦ so I'll take it lol

A shot from the right end "¦ my favourite view into the tank "¦ All the colours in one nice shot

How about some THEN and NOW shots

These are the pictures that keep me going in this hobby.

Green Birdsnest:

Same Green Bird a year later:

Pink Pocci (first piece of SPS in the tank)

1 of 5 Colonies in the tank, all from the original frag

A throw away frag that got thrown in for $5 at the LFS

A frag that came as part of a pack in an online order. No description.

That same frag today: Appears to be Acropora Hyacinthus. Its the red piece right in the front.

Thanks for looking

Well I made some more progress.

The plumbing is done and water tested, everything is good to go. I had one small leak at the outlet of the return pump, turns out I forgot to tighten it past hand tight. Snugged it up, and now I'm golden.

Here are a few shots of the final result.

Shots of the overflow box in action:

b26c033f.jpg

cd81cbd0.jpg

A bit of a panned out shot:

63b5abb2.jpg

And from the other side: Coast to Coast baby!

56794136.jpg

A quick shot of the standpipes

ec4b5871.jpg

The overflow and the returns. The loc lines are nice because I put individual ball valves on each one to help with finetuning flow depending on what corals are in which areas of the tank.

cac77482.jpg

0c06ecb8.jpg

The power of the pump (x4 outlets ... its deadly flow for a return pump)

ba83a902.jpg

And the sump as it is right now. More equipment to come, this is just to get everything started.

e532b452.jpg

How far down is the overflow from the trim top of the tank? I am doing something very similar to this. Tank looks amazing would like to see some update FTS!

Back