Macon's 90g Rimless

Paired up!!

Paired up!!

Finally after five weeks my yasha goby and randalls pistol shrimp found each other, with a little help. My yasha goby wasn't in it's usual spot and didn't come out when i fed the tank. I looked for a few minutes and then found it in the overflow. Netted it out released it back into the tank and it darted for the first opening in the LR which just happened to be where the shrimp made its burrow. About an hour later both the fish and shrimp were hanging out right outside the burrow. So excited.

Finally after five weeks my yasha goby and randalls pistol shrimp found each other, with a little help. My yasha goby wasn't in it's usual spot and didn't come out when i fed the tank. I looked for a few minutes and then found it in the overflow. Netted it out released it back into the tank and it darted for the first opening in the LR which just happened to be where the shrimp made its burrow. About an hour later both the fish and shrimp were hanging out right outside the burrow. So excited.

Right up front and center:

I was wanting to get one too, But was worried about my lawnmower Blenny too. Keep us posted...Maybe if yours are good after a month or so, I will start looking for one...

I was wanting to get one too, But was worried about my lawnmower Blenny too. Keep us posted...Maybe if yours are good after a month or so, I will start looking for one...

What are you worried about with the lawnmower blenny? I have one of those too.

Fish Room

Fish Room

Finally got my quarantine tank and frag tank set-up. I have a little more work to do on the frag tank and a few more things to get but I'm a long way away from needing it. Eventually I want to put in a sump under the frag tank as well.

Tampa Trip

Tampa Trip

I went on a fish/tack date with my girlfriend and our son today. Picked up a few things from Creative Aquariums and Marine Warehouse. We stopped by Coral Corral as well but we didn't see anything we liked other than the Borbonius Anthias they wouldn't sell me. :( We tried FAOIS too but they were closed. Here are the frags in the tank after dip. We got an orange ric too that isn't pictured. The only named corals are the Magician Palys and the top left acro is an ORA Misty Purple Acro.

Here you go Ken. Starting to leave the frag plug.

I got this guy from WWC a few days ago. It hid under the rock before I got a chance to turn the blue LEDs off.

Hey, I do see the bosai leaving that plug, pretty sweet man! Looks like you picked up some nice looking acros, cant wait to watch em grow up! Thanks for the update to the thread, keep it up!

I got this guy from WWC a few days ago. It hid under the rock before I got a chance to turn the blue LEDs off.

i had one of these in my 150 cube such an sweet starfish. this is the only one i've seen until now. here a pic of the one i had. he was easily 1.5' from tip to tip
9D3D6A3C-778A-4DA9-A057-E2658F63BCF9-4806-000004675B245F1A_zps4fc2d785.jpg

i had one of these in my 150 cube such an sweet starfish. this is the only one i've seen until now. here a pic of the one i had. he was easily 1.5' from tip to tip
9D3D6A3C-778A-4DA9-A057-E2658F63BCF9-4806-000004675B245F1A_zps4fc2d785.jpg

Cool. Thanks for sharing. Mines about a foot long. I also have a black and white harlequin and a red harlequin. Have you ever had any issues with yours?

i didn't have any issue at all. scared me a couple of times when he would climb all over the mp40. luckily nothing ever happened.

Refugium

Refugium

The refugium is really starting to come along. Getting real nasty in there. Good news is the display is 100% algae free. Don't mind my coral and snail graveyard.

diy led

diy led

About how much was the led setup for your refuge and where did u get your supplies? Awesome setup by the way. I have had one of the red serpents going on 5years one of my fav starfish!

About how much was the led setup for your refuge and where did u get your supplies? Awesome setup by the way. I have had one of the red serpents going on 5years one of my fav starfish!

I don't remember exactly what I spent but I'm sure it was under $200. LEDgroupbuy.com

clay-boa.com nice! :thumbsup:

lol...I'm not sure what happened there. That's not what I typed.

clay-boa.com

EDIT: It did it again. For some reason it won't let me type the address. LED_group_buy.com (remove under scores)

Back