marine magic dosing pump review

Put them close to the exit of the line... I have mine like 3" before te end of the line...

To make it clear: tube starts at your storage (Ca, Alk, etc) runs to the pump input, then another tube starts at the output of the pump and runs to your sump or deposit area, 2~5" before the end of the desired lenght the check valve will be placed and the missing 2~5" will be on the output of the valve..:.

This will keep your lines primed and ready

Got mine and just hooked it up for a test run. I have the 1+1 model double doser. He accepted my offer of 105$. 120$ shipped. It did NOT come with instructions. Can anyone help me out? Post the instructions or E mail 'em to me. I can't seem to figure out how to program the "B" pump.

What a piece of chinese crap!

What a piece of chinese crap!

:mad2:I spent 4 hours programming...testing....reprogramming an RE testing. The piece of junk turns on fine using timer mode, but will not shut off in timer mode. I checked the program 6 ways from Sunday and the think plain does not work. :mad2: I want a refund. I'll never be able to trust this thing!

Thinking of getting one of these, but has anyone used them for balling? I mean dosing mag, cal and alk? Some of the posts I've read on here just show people dosing vodka and vinega but what about using them for balling? Any good? :)

Yes.i using them for balling from last year.good and cheap choice.only 2 things.you must calibrate them about one time per month because they collect air inside the tubes.and nEVER use kalk thith them!!!! I think this is a smart bye.

Thinking of getting one of these, but has anyone used them for balling? I mean dosing mag, cal and alk? Some of the posts I've read on here just show people dosing vodka and vinega but what about using them for balling? Any good? :)

I want to do the exact same thing. After reading most of this thread I believe I will not have an issue with 3 part dosing.

Thanks
Mark-

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

has anyone tried contacting them and getting a response? i emailed them to get replacement parts but no response. i have a double unit that i purchased new a couple years ago. only one works as it should right now. the other drips way faster but the timer works fine. not sure if i need a new head unit? would also like to get new tubing.

i wouldn't buy from this manufacturer again.

has anyone tried contacting them and getting a response? i emailed them to get replacement parts but no response. i have a double unit that i purchased new a couple years ago. only one works as it should right now. the other drips way faster but the timer works fine. not sure if i need a new head unit? would also like to get new tubing.

i wouldn't buy from this manufacturer again.

It might be time to replace the pump (front assembly)....they do wear out.

Before I purchased this triple unit, I originally used the Dr. F&S single doser which sold for $100 that ended up cracking the pully...stuck several times, and eventually split the dosing tube 2 times with a large mess of limewater on my floor after only 6-12 months. The replacement tubes were $45!!....forget that!!! This led me to purchase this triple doser for slightly more (at the time) than the single Dr. F&S.

I have had my triple doser for 15 months now (bought back in June 2011). It works great!! I have the newer version which will loose the clock if power goes out...so I plugged into a battery backup....no biggie. I only use 2 pumps. I have had to replace 1 motor an a 2 pumps 2 times so far. NOW...with that being said, I use mine for dripping Kalk which drips about 1.5 gal of limewater EVERYDAY...spaced out every hour (alt between 2 pumps every other hour). I have by far exceeded the recommended use for these pumps (per manufacture)...but that was to be expected and I feel I have gotten my $$ worth. I have lubercaded the pump assembly with a little lithium grease when they start to wear which (for me) has increased the longevity of the pumps.

The small silicone tubing that runs through the pump wheels is what wears out...I have had no luck in finding this special tubing. If I can find this tubing, I could replace and reuse again since the pully wheels are in perfect shape. (Does anyone here know where they sell this special tubing for these pumps?)

I plan on purchasing either a second triple doser OR one of the newer 1+1 dosers to dose 2 part + Mg...(my limewater no longer keeps up with my tank).
I'd expect to get longer life span on the pumps dosing only a few ounces a day.

I hope my experience helps others.

--------

What sort of head height will these pump? I only have a nano tank and don't have a sump so it makes it hard to position the unit so close to the outlets.

What sort of head height will these pump? I only have a nano tank and don't have a sump so it makes it hard to position the unit so close to the outlets.

I ended up emailing the supplier and they have advised me that upto 6ft is fine for head height.

Going to go ahead an order the 1+1 model - space under my stand is a very limiting factor so the smaller footprint will be good. The 1+1 also has the built in battery so saves an external battery unit being needed.

Good

Good

It was in my junk mail. Already shipped and on its way :)

I was about to reply the guy is really responsive. When I got mine it did take him a couple of days to ship and her took some time to answer but he did tell me he was on a trip to china. Once he got back he was very fast responding.

Glad to hear the news!

Back