marine magic dosing pump review

FYI... I just picked up the triple, plus an extra pump for $100 using the make offer option. He replied in about 5 minutes!

Link

Last edited:
Wondering if it has internal battery for keeping data and time (hour) so in the case of a power output all data is saved.

Please anyone who has this unit, please confirm as in my zone power outputs are very frequent.

Thanks

It will keep the settings but not the time. When the power comes back on it defaults to manual mode so you will have to physically put it back into timer mode. This is the biggest drawback to this unit.

Wondering if it has internal battery for keeping data and time (hour) so in the case of a power output all data is saved.

Please anyone who has this unit, please confirm as in my zone power outputs are very frequent.

Thanks

It will keep the settings but not the time. When the power comes back on it defaults to manual mode so you will have to physically put it back into timer mode. This is the biggest drawback to this unit.

Is still applicable with the latest models? The latest eBay listings state:

MDL# MM-03C (New Version)
1. With backup batteries to keep internal clock for several days in case of power outage.

l 4pcs NIMH rechargable batteries to keep the internal clock run for several days under power outage. Batteries is replaceable.

Does this just mean the time doesn't mess up but the manual/timer mode thing still applies? I'd hate to have it go into Manual mode and dump a bunch of liquid in, I'm guessing you would just set manual mode to not dose anything as a preventative. Also read a few threads where a small batter backup was used as well.

FYI... I just picked up the triple, plus an extra pump for $100 using the make offer option. He replied in about 5 minutes!

Link

Can you clarify the "extra pump" how'd you manage that? I see the best offer button but no mention of an extra pump. $100 shipped for the unit would be a great price still with or without the extra pump but freebies are always good.

Hi guys, did anyone have issues with the clock? I left mine running first time for a few hours and I noticed the clock is already late by over 20 minutes.

Have you guys noticed that issue?

thanks

Can you clarify the "extra pump" how'd you manage that? I see the best offer button but no mention of an extra pump. $100 shipped for the unit would be a great price still with or without the extra pump but freebies are always good.

Sorry... I just saw this. I sent the best offer of $100.00, and asked if he'd through in the extra pump head.

I bought this unit cause seller said it uses 4 batteries so info like time didn't get lost in case of a power output.

You can see message

e6bcfb14b11b7de03248d77b11e04fed.jpg

That's not the case. !!! I even open the unit !!!! So naive 😕

Cause I live in a zone where power outputs are frequent ... now I have to buy a ups ...

That's what happens when you buy Chinese I guess 😡.

Sorry... I just saw this. I sent the best offer of $100.00, and asked if he'd through in the extra pump head.

No problem, haven't gotten one yet so still useful, thanks! I think I may end up going with the Jebao doser though. It has 4 heads and I'll only be using 2 so I'll essentially have 2 backups and it doesn't seem to have the battery/manual mode in reset that this one does.

Hi guys, did anyone have issues with the clock? I left mine running first time for a few hours and I noticed the clock is already late by over 20 minutes.

Have you guys noticed that issue?

thanks

After a few days of resetting the clock, there's no problem with it. there must've been a short blackout in my area and the doser didn't restart right away I'm assuming.

Did anyone get the dual master and slave setup? I can seem to be able to setup correctly. The speed for the slave keeps getting reset to the slowest speed everytime I go to timer mode.

Just to let you guys know that 2 out of the 3 of my pumps have died. I bought the doser over 2 years ago and it worked great to start.

Back