marine magic dosing pump review

Yeah my internal tubing is flattened and cracking. Does anyone know what size it is? I've read somewhere 3/16" OD but just want to verify. Also is it made of silicone tubing? Thanks.

Chercm, To set the dosing amount, run the pump at a set speed for a set amount of time into a calibrated collender. After you figure out the flow rate and the amount needed to be dosed to your tank you and divide the time up for the dosing times throughout the day. Its not hard, it will tank a bit of trial and error after that but you will have a base line to start at.

Also, for replacement parts the bubble magnus head and tubing can be swapped in and is better. I swapped it with great results. Also, the ebay seller I ordered it from sent me replacement parts for free when I needed them a while ago, just ask they have them.

damn i bought from marine magic, he is located in Hongkong, shipping kills it. i bought 2m tube for the rest of this equipment life span:)

I ordered a bubble Magnus head for mine. It didn't work. Was kinda tight. Would just spin. Need to play with it more. Ordered a pump kit and extra tubing form Hong Kong. Shipping was pretty fast and cheap enough. I found a us maker for tubing. Correct size and silicone but it was stiffer and didn't work too good.

bubble magnus head

bubble magnus head

The head will work on the marine magic in fact Im using them now on mine. What you will have to do though to make them work is open up the bubble magnus head and flip the roller assembly around. It is in backwards for this use. If you open them both up marine magic and the bubble magnus heads side by side you will see this. Just flip the roller assembly around and install it will work. It does flow more than the original so watch your levels.

After reading this thread i went Ahead and bought one. So far so good, works well and isn't that complicated to program. the doser is simple, dialing it to my dosing needs is the challenge.

I ordered a bubble Magnus head for mine. It didn't work. Was kinda tight. Would just spin. Need to play with it more. Ordered a pump kit and extra tubing form Hong Kong. Shipping was pretty fast and cheap enough. I found a us maker for tubing. Correct size and silicone but it was stiffer and didn't work too good.

let me know if you need a replacement tubing. I bought a bunch

marine magic dosing pump review

The head will work on the marine magic in fact Im using them now on mine. What you will have to do though to make them work is open up the bubble magnus head and flip the roller assembly around. It is in backwards for this use. If you open them both up marine magic and the bubble magnus heads side by side you will see this. Just flip the roller assembly around and install it will work. It does flow more than the original so watch your levels.

Cool. Thanks

I bought them from china "ebay" website, cost me 30 bucks to ship less than 2 oz item.

Wow. I ordered it straight from HK magic or whatever his site is. Think it was about $5 shipping for 6ft of hose. Ordered a spare head and motor at the same time. Just in case. Think it was $30 for the whole lot.

really? I contacted magic marine and they said, they don't carry the tubing. i bought at least 20 feet of them. i think that will be good for this pump life time.

really? I contacted magic marine and they said, they don't carry the tubing. i bought at least 20 feet of them. i think that will be good for this pump life time.

Are you contacting the same company. I saw another company that looked similar and sold the same parts. The eBay username is hk_magic or something. I bought tubing from them twice. First batch I lost so I ordered again. I also ordered tubing from a US company. Was same diameter but the tubing was harder. Didn't work as good for me. Ordered 20ft of that stuff and shipping was $20 or so. What a rip.

Hey all,

I just received the pump today. I am trying to program it and have been hitting save after each time yet the pumps will not turn on. I am able to turn them on manually however the timer does not activate the pump.

Any help is appreciated!

Hey all,

I just received the pump today. I am trying to program it and have been hitting save after each time yet the pumps will not turn on. I am able to turn them on manually however the timer does not activate the pump.

Any help is appreciated!

From the main menu, select option 2 'timer mode'. This screen should show you the next dosing time(s). Leave it on that screen for it to run in timer mode. It won't run your program if it's on any other screen.

From the main menu, select option 2 'timer mode'. This screen should show you the next dosing time(s). Leave it on that screen for it to run in timer mode. It won't run your program if it's on any other screen.

Knew it was something silly:debi:

Thanks!

Back