MARS 2014 Annual Fall Frag Swap

Who's gonna help me up and down curbs? :eek:

Rules for Ginger at this Swap:
1. No flip flops!
2. No lifting her foot higher than 6 inches!

I think those rules, in combination with no curbs, will help us get thru the day without any trips to the ER!

I think she needs a lark instead! That way she can cruise around without falling down. Sooooooo are you as excited as I am for this years swap! I can't even imagine. I'm serious when I say 200 swappers this year. Make it one that's not to be missed ever. Maybe a few vendors, demo station, product talks from companies and maybe even a silent auction. I'm thinking we take this thing to the next level.

Shawn - I love your enthusiasm but I'm not sure that will be the plan for the day. We will have an amazing raffle, an excellent swap with a tight LE list, and tasty food. Personally I'm not sure that vendors really do well at swaps and it's tough for speakers to get the attention they deserve.

The BOD will be discussing the swap at its May meeting. The plans for the day will come from that discussion.

Last edited:
I think she needs a lark instead! That way she can cruise around without falling down. Sooooooo are you as excited as I am for this years swap! I can't even imagine. I'm serious when I say 200 swappers this year. Make it one that's not to be missed ever. Maybe a few vendors, demo station, product talks from companies and maybe even a silent auction. I'm thinking we take this thing to the next level.

And why aren't you on the swap committee???

Shawn -- drop me a note or give me a call -- I have a budget and a starter list for the raffle -- I can let you know the items you can start looking for

Second swap???? Members only someday maybe??

You can easily swap or buy with members in mars if you get to know more people. We meet regularly or run on each other in the local stores. There are a lot of transactions going on outside of the forum. You have to realize mars have a lot of members that are talented coral growers. The bad part of having a members only swap is that mostly everybody already has all the corals that are locally available. It would be in everybody's best interest to have outsiders that can bring in a new or different coral in the mix.

The bad part of having a members only swap is that mostly everybody already has all the corals that are locally available. It would be in everybody's best interest to have outsiders that can bring in a new or different coral in the mix.

Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it, "In the mix".

Back