MARS 2014 Annual Fall Frag Swap

You can get pest locally. It doesn't need to be in the outside mix. It's the people who cry about it rather than finding a solution to the problem that irritate me. I had an Aptasia infestation for 2 years before the right fish came along. I just deal with it until it disappeared.

you can get pest locally. It doesn't need to be in the outside mix. It's the people who cry about it rather than finding a solution to the problem that irritate me. I had an aptasia infestation for 2 years before the right fish came along. I just deal with it until it disappeared.

Why yes in deed!

Crossing my fingers I won't run into anything else. Tanks definitely do have their ups and downs. Years ago I had a fish only system with large angels that got marine velvet that wiped the whole system down. Now I use ozone and never had any outbreak. Some things we wish we knew in the beginning that would have saved us thousands of cash. Every swap is a risk but a risk worth taking for the most part.

Moving this to the Top! It's only a few months away guys! Are you ready for the #1 swap in Northern California! I know I am.

We are going to be working on it very soon. It's going to be the best of the best people.
We are going to weed out lots of stuff add some new stuff and maybe a few extras.

Getting ready! So excited!

2nhnxgp.jpg

Good job you 2. Always nice to see people doing this well before the event. No one likes fresh cuts.

Fresh cuts suck.. but even worse is zoas floating off cause the glue barely even had time to dry.

Fragging has always been my favorite part of the hobby that and setting up tanks. Well I have been cutting and gluing for several hours now. Banana has been helping a lot, but we have kept her out of the tank for the most part. Not quite healed up yet from last week. I never thought I would run out of room so fast in my 2ft Cubed frag tank. I have 70 frags so far. And I am only maybe half way done. I had to set up another frag rack in the refugium.

Ill post a final count and more pictures later maybe. Right now I think I need to go invest some money in BSI Adhesives cause I sure use a lot of there is IC-Gel and I know John uses like a 1000x more lol.

I honestly like fresh cuts even though the rules says different. Most of the pests, eggs and all, hang out at the base of the corals or the frag plugs themselves. I don't see the difference in survivability based on already healed cuts. I would rather get a frag from the top. Most of the time I end up removing the plug anyway.

When it comes to sticks, I don't mind fresh cuts, as long as the corals was healthy. Zoas n stuff are a different story

Back