MARS 2014 Annual Fall Frag Swap

I'm just guessing, but with the swap being still more than a month way and all the interest, may have to be look into even a larger place for the following year. If not, pack them in to the rafters. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

79chopperdr

Your frags look great...

We still need to frag a lot of our stony corals. I was going to see if we might be able to borrow a saw from someone. After around 7 hours of fragging I ended up with around 150 frags of zoas and mushrooms.

Just a heads up. If you check out my show off thread you'll see I have many frags on the list of Ultra corals and LE corals from your list. With that I thought I'd give you a recommendation to the list. To ask for a 2 eye frag of BPC FT essentially for a trade for let's say Joe's Rainbow is very unfair. BPC FT is arguably the most desirable coral as well as known piece of all time in the coral game. Super slow growing, hard to keep etc. You guys are a great community of people and it's great that your doing this, that's the reason I'm letting you know.

Just as an example BPC FT market eye value is easy $350 and that would sell in a matter of minutes. You could get more, So $350 x 2 is $700. Your saying the other things on that list are about $500-$700 in value. There are a few. Doomsday, Jelly bean maybe a few more, but it just seems unfair to people who bring these high dollar corals into the swap. Maybe I'm looking at this in the wrong way. Could you explain your reason behind the LE/Ultra coral list, and your reason for picking those corals and sizes?

The LE/Ultra list has been picked by a group of people as the hard to find/ hard to keep, or slow growers in the "coral game." Stuff that most people would love to have, 3 frags from the Ultra list gets you 1 ultra round ticket. That way there are 2 other ultra frags on the table remaining, that someone else has a chance to get in other rounds.

In essence the swap is more about the fun of finding some really nice pieces in any round, not just trading. As for the size requested it was probably put at 2 eyes just like most of the other chalices in that category. Though i dont think anyone would complain if someone brought only a one eye piece.:thumbsup:

The LE/Ultra list has been picked by a group of people as the hard to find/ hard to keep, or slow growers in the "coral game." Stuff that most people would love to have, 3 frags from the Ultra list gets you 1 ultra round ticket. That way there are 2 other ultra frags on the table remaining, that someone else has a chance to get in other rounds.

In essence the swap is more about the fun of finding some really nice pieces in any round, not just trading. As for the size requested it was probably put at 2 eyes just like most of the other chalices in that category. Though i dont think anyone would complain if someone brought only a one eye piece.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the clarification. I see what your goal is with the swap. It's a great idea. Are you a "leader" or whatever for MARS? Can I shoot you a PM?

The LE lists have alway been about sharing the love. Yes the FT is very expensive but so are most of the well known named stuff. I've seen $250+ frags on the swap tables many times. 2 inche frags if Red Dragon at it highest value, Bazooka Joes at its peak and zoas that go for $100 PP at every swap. It's all about the person bring the goods (RARE Guys).

The list are just a reason to bring the good stuff. My best swap pick up???

Somewhere over the Rainbow Millie a few years back!

Getting stoked. This seems to happen everytime - I start making my lists and it always ends up the same. Toooo many corals. Got some sweet stuff lined out for this one. Prolly a little to much.lol

8-16-32-clear-round-deli-container.jpg

Back