Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

I'm not familiar with the rkl but if it has multiple controlled ac outlets then you should be able to. The mars aqua has separate ac power leads for the blue and white channels.

Thanks so much.

I'm controlling my array on a reefkeeper lite with no problems, just an investment in some "Y" cables due to the number of fixtures I'm using. I use the reefkeeper for simple on/off only, no ramping (although that would be neat, I admit).
Cheers,
Ray

I have 2 free outlets so that will work great for 2 light fixtures. I set up a Y cable for my 2 heaters. Thanks

i have 4 65w about 6-7" above my 155 gal 6' long 2' deep tank. What percentages are you guys running on something like this for SPS and LPS? I've bleached some stuff in the past and have since turned my stuff down. I'm running 50% blue from noon to 9:30pm and 25% white from 8:30am to 7pm. My SPS are 3/4 way up and LPS in the lower 1/2.
Does this sounds right or should I be up a little higher or have different blue/white ratios and times?

Thanks

GF3GtV1l.png

Hello All,
I wanted to provided the 165W LED layout that i made in case anyone was looking for it. Just like "rgulrich" 300W layout mine was put together using pictures and any information gathered online I'm also including how I'm planning to mod mine this coming weekend (providing the LED's finally get here from china). I hate how yellow the daylights are so Im replacing all (6) Warm White 3500K, and (4) Neutral White 7500K LED's with (4) 20000K, (4) 490nm, and (2) 395nm LED's as shown below:

cnBZlwEl.png

if you all have any comments, questions, or concerns please let me know

So I'm glad to see people are modding there unit! Here's my original video of my modding of the unit

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Kw561LnSXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, this isn't the complete version of my unit. Just a video to help people with switching the LEDs out.

I'll try a post an actual image of the layout like the picture above. Pretty neat.

With regards to regluing the optics back on what are the best options. I know Cyanoacrylate aka Krazy Glue is a bad idea as it could fog the lens/led as it cures. Dollar store two part epoxy, silicone, or any other recommended adhesive?

Cheers

Hey guys, I`m planning my first reef with custom dimensions, could you help me with the best option (power) and quantity of Mars to go for?

Dimensions: 29 1/2 ; 14 1/2 ; 20 deep
Mainly LPS and softies

Any proved upgrade on LEDs changing or lens?

Thanks!

With regards to regluing the optics back on what are the best options. I know Cyanoacrylate aka Krazy Glue is a bad idea as it could fog the lens/led as it cures. Dollar store two part epoxy, silicone, or any other recommended adhesive?

Cheers
I'd use a small dab of clear silicone so they're easy to pull off again if you wanted.

Will the silicone hold as the surface area gets pretty hot. I noticed when removing the optics there were a few that were literally falling off from the original glue that was applied. Not sure what was used by the mfg. Felt quite flexible so maybe they were using silicone.

Will the silicone hold as the surface area gets pretty hot. I noticed when removing the optics there were a few that were literally falling off from the original glue that was applied. Not sure what was used by the mfg. Felt quite flexible so maybe they were using silicone.
Silicone will be fine with the heat. If they used it and it was falling off it's most likely due to inadequate surface preparation. Give both surfaces a thorough degrease before applying the glue.

I spent a few hours redesigning mine:
Thanks to Isaacs55 for the instructional video.
This project was extremely easy. I have never soldered anything before, and with a cheap 9$ 30W soldering iron and electrical solder from walmart this was completed.

Here is an identical post from my thread in the SPS forum.

So everything in the tank is now recovering well from the most recent issues.
I have developed what looks like dinoflagellets on the gorgonian, which is annoying but other than that everything is once again stabilizing.

So of course I have to change something. haha

Last week I began a project to change out the original factory LED's that came with the MARSAQUA fixture I used for primary lighting.

I needed to replace 2 Diodes that had burned out, so I went ahead and ordered 10 20K diodes, 10 395-400UV diodes, 10 410-415 NM diodes and 5 460-465nm diodes.

I replaced the red and green existing LEDs with UV leds, and all of the warm white 3.5K diodes with Violet LEDs, only two of which being 20K's.
I also installed 3 other 20Ks.

This created a much more white/crisp white channel and the addition of the UV/V leds helped fill in some spectral gaps this fixture has been missing.

I immediately noticed the "cleaner" appearance, but have not seen any substantial coloring effect on any of the corals yet. (Its only been a week).

Here are some pictures of the process and a FTS of the tank this evening with the iPhone.

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

20K Center New Diode:
IMG_0903.jpg

20K on left vs 12K cool white on right:
IMG_0905.jpg

Old 3.5K Warm Whites that I got rid of:
IMG_0906.jpg

Post Completion:
All channels on min setting:
IMG_0910.jpg

Just ordered my unit. Very excited. Its the 300w model and will be going on a 40b. I am currently using 250 watt galaxy ballast, lumibrite reflector and a hammy 10K bulb. Only inhabitants I have are my 2 clowns, gig, and a clam. Any suggestions on height above tank, power settings, and removing the optics.

THNX

John

I spent a few hours redesigning mine:
Thanks to Isaacs55 for the instructional video.
This project was extremely easy. I have never soldered anything before, and with a cheap 9$ 30W soldering iron and electrical solder from walmart this was completed.

Here is an identical post from my thread in the SPS forum.

hey dartolution...i have the same fixture as you.....how did the optics or lens come off...did they just pop off or twist off....how did they go back on...did you have to glue them back on....also thanks for the tips and photos...

Back